VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I too hope all is well with Enrico -- first and foremost. I think we all recognize he is more important than a tourney.

That said, last year it appears we didn't get the first round started until March 1, thereby compressing the majority of the year's rounds to 45 days -- and the summer round was lengthened to a seemingly very long three months (and am not exactly sure why). So, the "standard VASL League year" (five two-month rounds) we have been so very fortunate to enjoy for many years may be at risk. Thus, a back-up plan (Ersatz League) is a reasonable and proactive -- and I appreciate it.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
I got this email about the so-call 'Erzatz League' and this doesn't sound like it's from WuWei so I'm not inclined to jump on this until I see something a little more official.

Edit: And WuWei, if this is you, there is no way to determine this easily :)

Since I played Enrico this summer, I just sent him a text message on Skype to find out what the deal is.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm making contingency plans for the case our esteemed tournament
director Enrico should stay MIA. If you want to participate in the
Ersatz VASLeague 2020, you can register here:

http://asl.randpatrouille.de/

This league will ONLY happen if the real VASLeague doesn't take place!

Registration is open until 31th December, the first round will start on
6th January. I will try to keep most things as close as possible to the
real VASLeague.

Kind regards,

Tobias

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I got this email about the so-call 'Erzatz League' and this doesn't sound like it's from WuWei so I'm not inclined to jump on this until I see something a little more official.
That's from me, and it is totally not "official". Should it take place (and I hope there'll be no need for it) it will be an unofficial league not authorized by the International Committee on Advanced Squad Leader, and top places won't qualify you for the 2024 Olympics. It's just to have some organized VASL fun until Enrico is back.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
That's from me, and it is totally not "official". Should it take place (and I hope there'll be no need for it) it will be an unofficial league not authorized by the International Committee on Advanced Squad Leader, and top places won't qualify you for the 2024 Olympics. It's just to have some organized VASL fun until Enrico is back.
official in the sense that I finally know who you are, Herr Deißler. How am I supposed to know you call yourself WuWei?

You'll note from my signature it's quite clear who I am. You might consider the same.

Noted -- you don't represent the Olympic Committee or any other international organization. :rolleyes:

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
official in the sense that I finally know who you are, Herr Deißler. How am I supposed to know you call yourself WuWei?
You have a point here! I should have mentioned that in the email.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to see that emergency protocols are in place! I did a bit of beta-testing on WuWei's setup, and it seems pretty slick; if Enrico comes back as we all hope, he should consider implementing this web interface in the non-ersatz version.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will everyone remain in the same league they were in this year, or do you have the records for promotion/demotion. I'm hoping Enrico makes it back soon but wanted to know if I will remain in my East Coast League with those friendly time zones?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I suspect not all players will join the Ersatz league. My plan at this time is to forego demotions and just promote players from the lower leagues to fill in the gaps. But a final decision will only be possible after registration closes, when we know the number and distribution of participants.

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

You'll note from my signature it's quite clear who I am. You might consider the same.

Noted -- you don't represent the Olympic Committee or any other international organization. :rolleyes:
Thank God! There's no way I would put up with all the drug testing THAT would entail... :unsure:

jwert02

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US Canada East Result

Just to post it for clearing up the East Coast League, Pat Palma and I battled it out at J63 Silesian Interlude. Pat had the unfortunate Russians and I the victorious Germans in a great match. Thanks for a good year together East Coast league.

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
AREA DATA COLLECTION FOR 2019 VASL LEAGUE MATCHES

Hello everyone who participated in the VASL Leagues in 2019:

I'm helping Doug Rimmer finish off collecting the missing data so we can add the results of the 2019 VASL tournament matches into the AREA database. For details on this project go here: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/asl-player-ratings.157605/#post-2018947

A lot of missing data for various tournaments has been added, calculated and updated here -- check out your updated AREA rating: http://ratings.texas-asl.com/

There are a few tournament results still missing and I'm chasing up those TDs to get it, but the bulk of the data has been obtained!

However, we need to clean up the 2019 VASL League, too. Post your data here.

Below you'll see my data for the three games I played in the Top League that year. I ask each of you who participated to submit the data from your matches here in this thread -- if you want them to count for AREA :) I would not assume your opponent is going to take care of this. Don't worry if you duplicate data already posted.

When you reply, tell us which 2019 league you were in, and provide the two players, who won/lost, the date finished, the scenario and sides.

See my sample below. I've copied and pasted my data from the ROAR Personal History. Easy-Peasy! You can do the same, but remember to add which side your opponent played in the scenario, because that data is not given in ROAR. I've added that information below each entry.

If you don't have your data in ROAR, you should! But you can just enter the data manually, in that case.

Or, join ASL Roar and put it up, then copy and paste from your personal history page. Here is a link to join and start using it https://www.jrvdev.com/ROAR/VER1/default.asp

I'll compile all of the data in a spreadsheet for Doug and he'll pop that onto the database. Cheers, Marc

Please try to respond by the end of August 2020. Let's get this done. Thanks for your help!

Marc Hanna results for 2019 Top League -- Record 2-1 (Enrico did not release rounds 4 matchups so I think in this league players will only have three results to report)
Apr 5, 2019Bad LuckJ60GermanWonLoper, Robert
Robert played the Brits.
May 12, 2019Making a Break for ItYASL7GermanWonCatanzaro, Enrico
Enrico played the Brits.
Sep 3, 2019The Marketplace at WormhoudtJ114BritishLostCleavin, Aaron
Aaron played the Germans.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AREA DATA COLLECTION FOR 2019 VASL LEAGUE MATCHES

Mike Augustine results for 2019 Top League -- Record 2-2
52Mar 31, 2019Amerikanskaya SukaFrF98Russian - attackerWonNogueira, Carl (played German-defender)n/a
53May 21, 2019Propitious ArrivalSP254German - defenderWonBoudrenghien, Francois (played French-attacker)n/a
54Aug 4, 2019Shouting Into the StormAP62Russian - defenderLostPagni, Andrea (played German-attacker)n/a
56Oct 2, 2019Well TaughtRPT8Romanian/Russian - defenderLostDomovic, Rich (played German-attacker)n/a

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thank Mike, some have been sending results as PMs to me, that's okay too, But it's good to post the results here so if there are any objections by opponents, they can be voiced.

great start -- so folks, please keep them coming so your AREA rankings are updated.

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Marc,

thanks for the great job you are doing here.

Here are my results:

JENSEN lars peder vs LORENZEN bjoern no result
Jul 20, 2019Clash at PonyriITR-4GermanLostCaltabiano, Sebastianon/a
Aug 15, 2019Task Force to CotignacDB080GermanWonMoro, Joen/a

Nov 13, 2019
Baptism of FireLSSAH10RussianWonMazzei, Christian

Lars Peder and me were not able to play the first round due to health issues.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Bjoern! Well I figure people with some wins will want to respond to boost their ratings but I hope all will participate and check. Maybe I'll contact Tobias and he can zap a note to everyone playing in the 2020 tournament. Maybe people are pretty much done looking here!

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Hi Marc,

As asked, here my results for 2019 for the VASL league (European / Oceanian)

I was thevs
01/03/2019COLIN lioneldefenderDEISSLER tobias"ne pas subir" [FT91]won1-0
01/04/2019COLIN lionelattackerMAZZEI chrisBidermann's Escape [FrF30]won1-0
10/06/2019COLIN lionelattackerCORRIGAN eoinDeath to Fascism [DTF4]won1-0
25/11/2019COLIN lionelattackerCABRÉ martiASL105 Going to churchwon1-0

REgards
Lionel

Status
Not open for further replies.