VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, VASL League has been a steady flow for me of great guys and equally great players. It'd be a shame for it to simply fade away.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If someone new does take over - please sign me up to the new league. I emailed Enrico Catanzaro on the 1st November and as yet no reply - is he OK?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm, maybe someone can take over perhaps? The guy originally running this show has fallen off the face of the earth with not even a peep.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I'm pondering some ways to do most of the work up front. If I come to a satisfactory solution and we don't hear from Enrico soon, I might start an Emergency League until he's back.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US Canada West Central Results

Larry Rohlfing's Germans beat David Rosner's Americans i AP116 Mook Point.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I need volunteers for some preliminary infrastructure tests for an Ersatz League next year, should Enrico not be able to continue the VASLeague. Who's willing to help? Your part would consist of filling out some web forms and/or answering some automated emails, and reporting back if you get any error messages.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I need volunteers for some preliminary infrastructure tests for an Ersatz League next year, should Enrico not be able to continue the VASLeague. Who's willing to help? Your part would consist of filling out some web forms and/or answering some automated emails, and reporting back if you get any error messages.
I will help.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I've done some preliminary tests over the weekend, and I give it an 80% chance that I'll be able to set up an Ersatz league. I'll have to sort out some problems/restrictions with my web hosting service first, though.

jayhawkboy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, there should only be two 4-0 players left, and they know who they are and can just play each other for the championship, no?

My guess would be that 4 games is enough to determine promotion/relegation (I say that as somebody who is getting relegated...), so I would be OK with it if we closed the book on 2019.

jayhawkboy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, there should only be two 4-0 players left, and they know who they are and can just play each other for the championship, no?

My guess would be that 4 games is enough to determine promotion/relegation (I say that as somebody who is getting relegated...), so I would be OK with it if we closed the book on 2019.
I’ve really enjoyed playing in the VASL league over the years and am admittedly a bit melancholy about what appears to be happening. I just hope someone can pick up the reigns and keep it rolling for another year.

buser333

Reaction score
I remember this very same thing happening last year so I did a little research...
Here are the facts:
Last year Enrico posted here December 20.
His last previous post before that was September 15.
This year it is now December 16
His last previous post before this was September 14.
See a pattern?
I know every year is a different year, but before we consider Enrico out for the count let's just bear with him a bit.
Hopefully everything is all right with him and he has just been busy with work again like in the past.
But it's good to see that there are people willing to pick up the reins if necessary.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
It's concerning that he didn't post the pairings for the 5th round this year. I hope he's alright and it's just a lot of work that keeps him busy.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I sent a email to the other one with four wins in the second league, but I just want to play for fun!! (anyway, he has already won the game versus the best spaniard around, so I bet he will win the 2nd League?)

Status
Not open for further replies.