VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
John Lehman's Americans will be attacking Steffen Knippel's Germans in AP100 - Coal in their Stockings.

ASLmedic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
In the Second League Kåre Jacobsens German defenders defeated Massimilliano Colosimos Americans in SP247 Golden Arrow.The Germans took some losses in the beginning,but withdrew across the stream in good order.The American charge across the stream fell apart after some good shooting by the Germans.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
VASL Top League Result

Marc Hanna as the Americans defeated the Germans controlled by Ken Young in J51, Canicatti on October 15th.

A close game through and through, with Ken's sniper unleashing hell on American leaders/squads while I diced him on the ATG crews early, preserving most of the tanks for the end game.

It came down to the last player turn. An AP round blasted through a pillbox breaking 2 German MMCs inside on a measly 2FP attack. Later, the last few scattered Germans were locked in Melee, having been unable to knock out the tanks in their hexes. The American infantry struggled to be much of a factor the entire game.

Dicey, and not a scenario for the faint of heart. A contrived scenario too; e.g., severe manipulation of the road rate, no armored assault allowed, adjustment of tank rider capacity, German gun crews Fanatic -- mostly in order to fit the victory conditions, rather than fit historical context. Still, it's popular and balanced and neither of us had played it for at least ten years, making for a fun game and a true test of skill! Thanks Ken (who's a great guy!).

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I hope everything is alright... but something went wrong, almost two weeks delay means something. Again, I hope everything ends well.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff Wasserman's Germans were able to hold off my CC inept Americans in an fun playing of HF8 Fahrenheit 352 from Hatten In Flames. Well played by Jeff.

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jeff Wasserman's Germans were able to hold off my CC inept Americans in an fun playing of HF8 Fahrenheit 352 from Hatten In Flames. Well played by Jeff.
Carl had me pinned down and just about out, when he rolled a 12 in cc allowing a 467+lmg to change his fate. In subsequent fire action Carl was unable to pass a single moral check
ending American Plans for victory.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Seems that he is busy working as crazy.

So, no reason to worry about Enrico. Fortunately

Last edited:

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
In the Europe/Oceania Round 4

My Canadians were able to defeat Marti' SS in a very quick game of ASL 105 (quick because its a small senario and because we both play fast).

Enjoyable game against a very good opponent.

Lionel

radsty

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
David Langer's Greeks held on for a win against Jim Fardette's Italians in FT226 "Veni Venezia!". Jim played well pushing his Italians vigorously into the Greek town he was tasked with capturing. But fickle fate was unkind, causing the springs to pop out of his support weapons, and with not quite enough muscle to push the Greeks out of their last pockets, the game went against the Italians. This was a fun scenario against a great opponent : )

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
While we wait to Enrico news, if someone wants a friendly game, just to make time, send me a pm. I’m on the second league and european time zone.

Rick Galli

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Central-West Division, Rick Galli's mixed German-Italians defeated Jason Burnette's French in FT239 "Armored Probe at Sidi-Nsir".

The Semoventis quickly knocked out the at-start French armored cars and the 47L gun, but a ROF tear by the French 25LL evened up the vehicle kill count. However, the Italians, assisted by German assault engineers, concentrated their entire force against Hill 714 and were able to clear it and area around it, in the process capturing about a platoon's worth of PoWs. This gave the Axis a solid CVP lead.

This one looked more fun on paper then it turned out to be in play.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
John Lehman's Americans will be attacking Steffen Knippel's Germans in AP100 - Coal in their Stockings.
John Lehman's Americans conceded in the top of the 6th inning, as it became evident that he probably couldn't claim more than 2 VP buildings. Fun scenario with lots of replayability. And I always enjoy playing John - a gentleman.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With the VASL League guy MIA for over a month, are there any plans for someone to run this league in 2020 if he does not show up in the interim?

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe @fredkors or @Paolo Cariolato could chime in, since they've been running the SLL? I'm sure that we could get volunteers to help manage things if that will be necessary (I will for one of the leagues, certainly).

Status
Not open for further replies.