Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Marti Cabré, could you cntact me please for the last game of the European league ?

Regards
Lionel

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Darrly Lundy, please contact me regarding our match up in the VASl league Round 4.
I have sent you an email but have had no reply

Cheers
Jon Cole

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary Bartlett, please contact me regarding SLL Vasleague Round 4--not sure if you got my email on Sept 7 (?)
Thanks!
--Steve A

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary Bartlett, please contact me regarding SLL Vasleague Round 4--not sure if you got my email on Sept 7 (?)
Thanks!
--Steve A
Steve - I did miss the email from the 7th but have tried to reach out since your note above. Please contact me via email or on this site and we can get our game scheduled.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim Belini and I are still trying to schedule our game, due to my hip surgery earlier this month and Jim's busy schedule we hope october will be the time we can play.

Scott

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perham (Russian) defeated Tinture (German). Scenario RO6 The Playing Field.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic's German SS defeated Mike Augustine's combined Russian/Romanians in RPT8 - Well Taught.

My sixteen average SS squads supported by six panzers (one a panther) must deny good order to eleven squads, supported by four tanks and a 57LL AT gun in a five hex radius in a 1945 Austria town (board w).

My force approached the town from three directions. The defenders ringed the outskirts of town and planned a fallback defense to the center

Three seperate skirmishes developed, all with the numbers in my favor.

My right pincer featured my 9-2 leading mostly 548s, a stug and panther into town. They encoutered three Romanian 537s, a stug and LZ 38 (t). Three AFVs perished, the Panther immobilzed and Mr. 9-2 pushed into town in four (of 5.5) turns, eliminating all the Romanians.

The center attack featured several 447s, MMG and a stug to clear out the board 43 "koresh compound" Russian 447s. This they did, suffering several time delaying breaks.

My left pincer pushed into town, losses included both PZIVHs and a couple of 447s.

So, turn four saw all three attack avenues converge on the town center where four squads, HMG, 9-1, Tacam, stug and 57LL held out.

Although I had lost the armor battle, my remaining stug crashed into the 9-1/447/HMG central building and succumbed to CC reaction fire. This opened the door for my significant remaining infantry force to overwhelm the four squads and break or eliminate them in my penultimate movement turn. My loses included several squads to the two Romanian AFVs and 57LL.

A good tense battle and we both enjoyed the playing.

Rich

Last edited:

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I remind to all Second Line League Players that there are 12 days left for completing the round.

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the fourth round of the US/CAN West division, David Haasl's Germans defeated Robert Zinselmeyer's Americans in HF1 Black Day in Hatten. It was a close fought battle with my edge in dice luck in the early going that gave my Germans the edge. Robert is an awesome opponent and I would gladly play him again!

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi

Reporting the result of a VASL Top league round 4 result

Darryl Lundy (German) defeated Jon Cole (Poles) in our playing of BFP107 “Costly Baptism”

The Game went down to the final Polish MPh. Unfortunately for me, the Poles were not able to repel the German aggressors.

For a small scenario, this one packs a punch and was fun to play. By scenario end, every one of the 6 AFVs had been eliminated or Recalled. Every Polish AFV had a MA malfunction at some point, and the Polish HMG malfunctioned, got repaired and then malfunctioned again.

Thanks for a great game, Darryl.

Cheers
Jon

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
For the second League

Kevin Russell and me just finished BFP 101 Panzer Spirit. Nice small intense scenario. And almost 50/50 on ROAR.

My Russians prevailed against Kevin Germans. I had a lot of luck with my APCR ammo (so I rolled quite low...), and went for bounding first fires with my T34s. My first prep fire MG shot vs a Marder was a snake eyes... and he then rolled an eleven !!! That stuned Marder opened his defenses and gave a chance vs the crossfires he had set.

By the end of my second turn all Marders were wrecks, and that gave free hands to encircle his position. That gave me the game.

It was a pleasure to play with Kevin, and I hope we will play again sooner or later.

Cheers

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
in the 2nd line league, Jim Belini and I finished up Lunch at luga with my russkies won on turn 6 over Jim's SS. We both had some not so great luck but Jim's Radio melfed on turn 1 and xed out, so with no smoke and mounting casualties we called the game a Russian victory. Personally, I think this scenario is a dog,

buser333

Reaction score
in the 2nd line league, Jim Belini and I finished up Lunch at luga with my russkies won on turn 6 over Jim's SS. We both had some not so great luck but Jim's Radio melfed on turn 1 and xed out, so with no smoke and mounting casualties we called the game a Russian victory. Personally, I think this scenario is a dog,
It's definitely dicey. If the Russians destroy two bridges (which I did) the SS have no chance. If they only manage to destroy one I still think odds are slim for the Germans.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya, i tried to set the DC on the bridges needing a four or less and failed in both cases, if he had gotten his Artillary, then I think the Russians would have had problems.

It's definitely dicey. If the Russians destroy two bridges (which I did) the SS have no chance. If they only manage to destroy one I still think odds are slim for the Germans.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like Beekman and Schaeffer (me) won't get in our game in the Top League. After initial contact right after Enrico's emails. Ed has never responded to my bi-weekly appeals. HiHo. Good luck at Oktoberfest I guess.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Marti Cabré, could you cntact me please for the last game of the European league ?

Lionel

Status
Not open for further replies.