VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast League, Chris Chapman’s Americans agreed to a negotiated peace in Venturi Effect, conceding a still very much up in the air contest due to the approaching end of the round. My Italians were trading shots with the GIs, and in all likelihood the game would have been won or lost depending on who pulled the first red chit for their OBA. Interesting battle, with some variable forces to keep things fresh.

Rick Galli

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the West-Central League, Rick Galli's French defeated Robert Oler's attacking Germans in DTF 2 "Blitzkrieg!". This was a close one which came down to the final turn. Despite the French malfing and eliminating almost every piece of ordnance they owned, they were still able to slow down the Germans and take out enough tanks to eke out a victory. This is a really fun scenario that I would happily play again as either side.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
hello
collecting results...
today is the last day of Round 2
please send me results if already not done...
thanks

radsty

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In J178: Old Friends, David Langer's Germans held on for a win against Bruce Childs' Americans, who were tasked with seizing control of 7 multi-hex stone buildings or collecting 38+ CVP, but without losing more than 37 CVP of their own. The Americans attacked vigorously and soon were on the cusp of controlling 5 victory buildings and the imminent destruction of about half of the defending infantry, to go along with a couple of AFVs already in the bag--all with 3 allied turns still to go. But American armor had taken a beating supporting the assault, along with some (albeit light) infantry loses. With a couple of Panthers still prowling about, it was clear the Americans could not keep under their CVP cap and they withdrew to regroup for another day.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Taking our game to the final moments of round 2, Craig Houliston's Attacking Germans eeked out a win against Brian Routh's defending Poles in BFP114 Engineering Defeat. A wonderful scenario, the tightest of endings and skilled, gracious player made this a very memorable game. Best of rolls to Brian in his next rounds.

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In the East Coast League, Chris Chapman’s Americans agreed to a negotiated peace in Venturi Effect, conceding a still very much up in the air contest due to the approaching end of the round. My Italians were trading shots with the GIs, and in all likelihood the game would have been won or lost depending on who pulled the first red chit for their OBA. Interesting battle, with some variable forces to keep things fresh.
that is a draw?

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
hello
I still need three results (in three different leagues)! to close round 2. The results for the West/Central League are all collected and pairings for round 3 are ready (I'll publish them later)

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Enrico,
If your league allows for draws, then that is the fairest outcome. The scenario was very much undecided. Chris offered to concede due to his work schedule. Neither of us wants to be relegated to the second line league, we like playing close to our own time zone.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Enrico,
If your league allows for draws, then that is the fairest outcome. The scenario was very much undecided. Chris offered to concede due to his work schedule. Neither of us wants to be relegated to the second line league, we like playing close to our own time zone.
ok, I asked just because I did not notice the world "draw" in you post, and in the index I cannot find neither the "negotiated peace" rule! So, despite the fact I had the suspect it was a draw ( but negotiated peaces in real world often hide a tactical win of the weaker side) I asked. Thank you

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
here are the pairings for Round 3

TOP VASLeague (R3)

CHAMBERLAND paul vs HOULISTON craig
CLEAVIN aaron vs HANNA marc
AUGUSTINE mike vs PAGNI andrea
DOMOVIC rich vs CARIOLATO paolo
LAUGER paul vs TINTURE laurent
ROUTH brian vs PERHAM dave
KOESTLER alex vs ROUNDHILL brian R
YOUNG kenneth vs CATANZARO enrico
BOUDRENGHIEN françois vs NOGUEIRA carl
WASSERMAN jeff vs STAPF nathan
HAMMOND charles vs COLE jon Role
LUNDY darryl vs SCHAEFFER paul
BEEKMAN edward vs MOTES doyle
VICCA martin vs LOPER robert
BAYS john vs BOYLE jack
ROSSO vic vs KLAUTKY mike

Europe/Oceania League (R3)

CABRÉ marti vs CALTABIANO alessandro
COLIN lionel vs CORRIGAN eoin
CORIASCO sandro vs TOZE santos
LORENZEN bjoern vs MORO joe
MAZZEI chris vs DEISSLER tobias
ISELLA stefano vs HOFLAND chris
FLEMING will vs PENABELLA santiago

US/CAN East League (R3)

WERT jason vs TAYLOR jim
PALMA patrick vs FARDETTE james
CHAPMAN chris vs ARRIETA rob
DRAGONETTI jay vs DUNN ken
NORKO damon vs WILLOW will
LANGER david vs WATSON mark
GOLDIN andrew vs BUSER jeff R
CHILDS bruce vs bye

US/CAN West Central League (R3)

GALLI rick vs KING stewart
WESTON ramon vs OLER robert
ZINSELMEYER robert vs BURNETTE jason
ROHLFING larry vs FEINSTEIN robert
HAASL david vs KNIPPEL steffen
LEHMAN john vs ROSNER david

Second Line League (R3)

TRAVER jim vs RUSSELL kevin
SANTACRUZ Juan vs VENNARUCCI joseph
LE BILLAN laurent vs ISABELLA Francesco
RETAMERO fermin vs HØGENHAUG ketil
GILLIES David vs HARVIALA mika
BEIJARD dirk vs TEWKSBURY chuck
BOND steve vs MARTINI luca
FLAHERTY Lawrence vs SCHWELA ulric
DYE charles vs TREBOSC Francois
MØLLER uffe vs ROGNEHOLT peter
JOHNSON Eben vs JAVANABAL Radiah
ZAVALA felipe vs COLOSIMO Massimiliano
KOCH kris vs JOHANSON Roy
HOLLAND don vs KÅRE Cumberland Jacobsen
PRIOR sam vs GRASSI Maurizio
HUNTER jim vs KIRKPATRICK albert
REZACK todd vs BELLINI jim
VAN INNIS pieter vs ALESSE roberto
BEATON andy vs GARVIN david
NIKOLOV al vs LOPEZ BARBA santiago
KAPLEAU jonathan vs DUBUIS Brian
CUMMINGS steve vs CONNELLY roy
DOWD dennis vs BARTLETT gary
MASON pierce vs CAMERON ernie
ANDERSON steve vs WORREL Steve
HOLST scott vs KNOTT kenneth
RIMWALL magnus vs TYSON robert

This time we have 90 days to end the next (third) round, till the end of AUGUST

Round 4 will last from 1 Sept to 15 Oct and round 5 will last from 16 Oct to 30 Nov
Note that only TOP VASLeague and SLL have 5 rounds, thus the others league will benefit of an extended 4th and last round starting on 1st Sept and ending on the 30th November ( again about 90 days).

Attachments

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Still waiting one result to close the European Oceanian League.
I'll close the round tomorrow 3 June publishing probably also the SLL results and the pairings for Round 3

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Still waiting one result to close the European Oceanian League.
I'll close the round tomorrow 3 June publishing probably also the SLL results and the pairings for Round 3
added the pairings for R3 SLL in the post #150 above and R2 results in the attachment. An email will follow for everyone in the SLL.

later today I'll publish also the European/Oceanian League pairings for R3 and give the R2 results

site www.vasleague.org updated

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Added in the post above also European/Oceanian League pairings and R2 results (in the attachment and in the site)

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Craig Houliston's Chinese will defend against Paul Chamberland's attacking Japanese in AP56 Quagmire. We are looking forward to playing this big scenario with the extra time available in this round.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the US West/Central League John Lehman as the Brits is defending against David Rosner's Germans in U22 "Road to Kozani Pass".

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paging Ernie Cameron .. Sent a scenario play list .. waiting to hear back from you.
Pierce

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast league, Jim Fardette’s Russians fell to Pat Palma’s stalwart Germans in WO13 All the Stops. More Russians fell to that wandering 70mm harassing fire than German guns, as I was far too aggressive and paid dearly for it. We called it after I went 0-8 in the rally phase and then failed an excessive speed roll with an exiting AFV. Best of luck to Pat in his next match!

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My SS (I'm using the blue counters) are attacking David Haasl's Russians in AP131 (Crickets in Spring).
I'm still setting up. Can infantry or sN8 place smoke on a paved road when there's wet mud everywhere else?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My SS (I'm using the blue counters) are attacking David Haasl's Russians in AP131 (Crickets in Spring).
I'm still setting up. Can infantry or sN8 place smoke on a paved road when there's wet mud everywhere else?
there is no smoke of any kind in Mud

rpjrim

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the 2nd line league, Kris Koch's Germans defended against Roy Johanson's Russians in VotG9 Eviction Notice. Things started promisingly for the Germans, a sniper stunning and recalling the Russian T-34. However, Kris's dice then became ice cold. Two broken machine guns were subsequently eliminated on d6 rolls, multiple high probability shots failed, and the German 9-2 was ambushed and eliminated in close combat. Roy's Russians managed to break the final units that had a chance to recapture any of the buildings in the perimeter, leading to a Russian victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.