VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
TOP VASLeague Round 2 RESULT

Jon Cole (Germans) defeated Vic Rosso (Dutch) in our playing of SP253 "De Zwarte Duivels"

The game was evenly poised (or more likely slightly in Vic's favour) up until German turn 4, with the Dutch in front 4CVP to 1. However a German squad with LMG (who had shrugged off several 12FP/16FP/20FP +3 shots ) aimed his LMG carefully and killed one of the Dutch armoured cars. The German sniper then got his first and only "1" dr for the game and picked out the Dutch 9-2 leader.
With the VP tally now 9-4 in the German favour, I advanced to block the stairwells of the 23Y7 building, while having another 2 units on Level 2 with LOS to the bridges for another 2VP

Thanks to Vic for a good game.

Cheers
Jon

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Aaron Cleavin (Germans) defeated Ken Young (Russian) in our playing of FrF97 Wrecking the Rentals

Ken pushed hard but fortune wasn't on his Side. My Marder got 2 quality kills and after that, it became an uphill push for him.

Attacking his own wreck in CC and burning it and + creating a leader in CC was a bucket list move!!

Ken is as always wonderful player and a most enjoyable opponent

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll

Marc Hanna (German) Def Enrico Catanzaro (British) in YASL 7. A razor thin victory.

Enrico took advantage of my critical errors to keep the game close in spite of early wounded leaders slowing down his lateral movement capabilities.

On my last player turn, I made a silly move I thought was blocked -- but instead was in the open! But his 7FP attack yielded a hero/fanatic for me instead, just exactly where they could interdict the exit areas. Then, having dodged that, in the same player turn I rolled another double one in a critical CC, netting a new 8-1 leader and the intact squad -- just where they were needed. In his last movement, that same 8-1/447 was able to break his 10-2 running his stack for the exit, thus ending the game since the Brits couldn't get the necessary VPs.

I should add this was my first chance to play Enrico and he is a true sportsman and gentleman, which many of you already know. Many thanks for an excellent game, Enrico!

Last edited:
Reactions: ecz

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Second Line League reminder

This is to remind that you have 17 days left in order to complete your games.

If your game is under way or you have already choosen a scenario, drop us a line with scenario and sides.

If you haven't got in touch with your opponent hurry up and play. 17 days are a lot of time, but it passes quickly.

If your opponent haven't answered your email, let us know.

roll low.

Paolo and Federico

Last edited:

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
VASLeague Europe Oceania Round 2 RESULT

Hi Enrico

Joe Moro (Italian) defeated Will Fleming (British) in FT250 Italian Behemoth

Will was unlucky in losing his ATR early in the game, therefore my tin cans were able to move freely.

I think the Brits need the balance in this one - (an extra ATR)

A good game nevertheless and thank you Will for the game !

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the battle of the Davids, My (David Haasl) Italians held of David Rosners Canadians in BoF8 Sting of the Italian Hornet. It was a great game vs. a great opponent. I had great luck with my AT assets (and that 90mm...wow!) and deprived of reliable armor support, David's very much superior Canadians couldn't make headway fast enough. A lot hinged on a few key die rolls. Change those and maybe the outcome is different. Both of us like the scenario, and I know, I'd play it again as either side.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the battle of the Davids, My (David Haasl) Italians held of David Rosners Canadians in BoF8 Sting of the Italian Hornet. It was a great game vs. a great opponent. I had great luck with my AT assets (and that 90mm...wow!) and deprived of reliable armor support, David's very much superior Canadians couldn't make headway fast enough. A lot hinged on a few key die rolls. Change those and maybe the outcome is different. Both of us like the scenario, and I know, I'd play it again as either side.
Great to hear that!

You are very fortunate to get any action out of the 90L TD, in all our play tests it rarely hit a thing.

jwert02

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jay Dragonetti and I had a rousing good game in J123 Charging Chaumont. I managed to hold off the building intruders for a win for the Germans in the last round. Thanks for the good game Jay

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul Schaeffer's Russians couldn't hold off Paolo Cariolato's Germans in FrF50, Pavlov's Dogs.
This is an interesting scenario (that I was mostly excited about because of the mine dogs, silly though that is)
with some tough choices for the Russians. I managed to exterminate the isolated German pocket fairly quickly
even though the dogs were useless and Paolo managed a critical hit on one of the Valentines, but then his
holdouts fell apart quickly. Unfortunately for me, I managed to make several tactical errors and Paolo made me
pay for every one. The dice were trying to help me, but sometimes...I can't be saved from myself. Paolo's game
was perfect, so a great example of how to do it. We had a fun time along the way.
Several (cardboard) dogs were harmed in the playing of this scenario.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In a Top VASL League matchup, I was able to defeat Jon Bays Americans with my Germans in Liehr Launches First, HF04. As always with the scenarios in Hatten, it came down to the late game, with his Americans finally cracking on turn 5. Jon 's excellent IFT rolls were matched by my excellent morale rolls and enabled me to keep the attack moving forward.
Jon was very enjoyable to play. I wish him luck in the next round.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the TOP League, Mike AUGUSTINE's Germans are attacking Francois BOUDRENGHIEN's French in SP254 Propitious Arrival.
Mike's Germans won against Francois' French. An early breeze in a favorable direction allowed me to smoke up the battle field, and isolate individual French tanks - thereby ganging up and picking them off. Two CHs from one of my panzers helped assure the tactic paid off. A great game played by Francois, and an enjoyable opponent.

Last edited:

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When does the third round of the Second Line League begin?

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the top league Jeff Wasserman's Russians defeated Jack Boyle's German's in Amerikanskaya Suka

It was a real nail biter from start to finish. My Russian's failed to take the front stone building on turn 1 with 2 of my 628 rolling 12 on moral checks, and one of the m10's malfing his gun on turn 1.

On German turn 1, I did manager to kill one of the the PzJgIV and immobilize one of the Panthers.

Then on turn 2 I lost 2 of the M10's that tried to sneak up on the rear of the other 2 panthers (one to a CH), and losing the M10 with the malfed MA to a PF shot, while clearing the Germans from the stone building, while another M10 failed an esb attempt to get into position to support my right flank.

Turn 3 and 4 saw the Panthers engaging 2 of the remaining T34/85's destroying both of them for no loss (one of the T34's malf'ed his gun on a DI shot), the last JgPz was lost to a T34/85 only to be destroyed in turn by the Panthers, while my infantry supported by my last T34 pushed back the Germans on my right flank.

By the bottom of the 4th turn it was clear that the Germans would be hard pressed to take back the stone building so they shifted their attack against the rear building which was unoccupied by Russian troops. The 838 supported by a 238 hs, 8-1, and both panthers made a dash along my left flank for the victory building. The Panthers conducted several successful overrun attacks, and in turn were attacked by multiple unsuccessful CCV attempts. I was able to move a 7-0, 458 and T34 back towards the victory building, but neglected to button up the T34 who suffered a 1 sniper attack.

On the final turn I was able to move the 7-0 and 458 into the victory building concealed but cx, Jack moved one of the panthers into bypass of the building to lock down the 458, while the other panther attempted to limit fire chances for remaining Russians against the German infantry. On the final run for victory I was only able to get one successful attack on the 838, 238 and 8-1 stack resulting in a pin for the 238. In the final melee his CX 8-1 attacked my concealed CX 7-0 who one the ambush and elected to remain concealed. The 1:2 +1 CC attack was unsuccessful allowing me to keep control of the building for the win.

Lots of fun waiting for a rematch email from Jack!

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
In the second league Juan Santacruz Germans defeated Felipe Zavala´s Russians in Elephants Unleashed

It went up and down all the time: my first shoot with my 9-2 armour leader in a elephant was a snake eyes vs a T34. The second vs a HMG was a boxcars to lose it when the armament was totaly disabled

I lost turn two doing nothing (even silly things)... So in the 3rd turn I had to take risks, and it gave me profit in the russian four turn!!! Felipe started also to take risks and then my LUCK really changed, and so did Felipe´s... I got APCR with my PzIV, HEAT with my PzIII shooting at the swarming T34s (in the back, you cannot be a gentelman in war...) ... And he throw two times eleven in MC with his assault enginers...

It was the most lucky turn I saw!! Mine was very good, his was awfull !!! (Felipe average 7.39 mine 6,89...but in TH mine was 6,38 and in MC his was 8,82 !!!)

At the end, I didnt have a sound plan, but Felipe´s plan went stray after all that bad rolls!!!

I enjoyed a lot

Pd: I must thank Felipe because he remembered me that PzIII are smoke machines.... And it worked !!!

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic's Germans defeated Nate Stapf's British in J167 Hart Attack.

The Brit main attack attacked the upper stone VC buildings. Their attack, six brokies later, did not go well, the 9-2 relegated to rally duty.

The secondary lower board attack saw both AFVs succumb to the 40LL gun in the orchard.

We called it on turn four as the upper stone buildings still contained 548/MMG, 548/LMG, 238, 238, 9-1 who had withstood whatever FP attack was thrown at them. There was not enough time to take the upper building and get to the lower wooden complex, where the three PZIIIs hid away with four 548s as company.

Nice, quick pleasant game, good luck to Nate.

Rich

Last edited:

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the top league Jeff Wasserman's Russians defeated Jack Boyle's German's in Amerikanskaya Suka
Despite the bitterness of defeat, playing against Jeff was a blast--I felt I learned as many rules and cunning tactics in one game as I have in the past year! Best of luck in the next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.