VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
emailed this guy VAN INNIS pieter a few days back and have not heard back from him. Still have not heard from this guy.

Last edited:

RobTys

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jonathan Kapleau's Germans will be defending against Rob Tyson's Norwegians in J41 "By Ourselves". We plan on playing this face-to-face at Dan Dolan's NNJ/NY ASL Club meeting on 4/27.

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US/Canada West-Central League Round 2
Bob Zinselmeyer (Canadian) and Steve Knippel (German) will play HS32 - A Few Rounds.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pieter VAN INNIS and I are going to play Bucholz Station from Yanks II. Something very basic.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast League, Chris Chapman and I are playing FT244, Venturi Effect. I have the Italians, Chris is taking the Americans. Both sides have OBA, so this one could get a little dicey if the red chits are one-sided.

RobTys

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Second Line League Round 2, Jonathan Kapleau's Germans defeated Rob Tyson's Norwegians in J41 "By Ourselves".

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In round 2, Andy Beaton's Germans are attacking Dirk Beijaard's French in J183 - A Real Barn Burner

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Second Line League Round 2, Jim Traver's Germans defeated Francois Trebosc's Americans.

To be fair, I had a few DR(s) and fortuitous outcomes that really set Francois back. He took it all in stride and continued to play but the deck had decidedly stacked against him and he was forced to concede.

Roar does not have any playing's of this but it feels pro-German.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
In the European league, Eoin Corrigan's Germans defeated Stefan Issela's Canadians in J175 Bedburg bite.

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A quick shout out to Jim Hunter - I've tried to email you to set up our scenario, but haven't heard back from you. If you're out there, maybe check your spam folder?

Alan

Ken Dunn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ken Dunn's Poles defeated Jeff Buser's Germans in ASL 84 "Round One" remake in Round 2 of the US/CAN East Division. I not only diced Jeff badly but he contributed by dicing himself. IT was a fun game and I appreciate Jeff's skills. Quite the good player. Thank you.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Morning
Uffe and I have decided on BFP 82 "Steamroller." Uffe's Germans will attack my Russians.
Cheers!
pierce

ASLmedic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kåre Cumberland Jacobsens Germans defeated Steve Worrels Russians in an intense struggle in J185 "The Haunted Castle".The NKVD lived up to their reputation,but sadly for Steve,so did his conscripts.My opponent displayed good sportmansship throughout the game worthy of a Southern gentleman.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Marc Hanna's Germans will try to stop my British Paratroopers in YASL 7 Making a Break For It

Dirk Beijaard

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Dirk Beijaard's French stumbled through Andy Beaton's German line and relieved defenses in the barn for a win in J183 - A Real Barn Burner.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the TOP League, Mike AUGUSTINE's Germans are attacking Francois BOUDRENGHIEN's French in SP254 Propitious Arrival.

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
In the East League round 2 saw my American troops overran by Jim Taylor's Germans in J74 Priests on the Line.

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the West/Central League, Round 2; Robert Zinselmeyer (Canadian) defeated Steffen Knippel (German) in HS32 - A Few Rounds.

The game was tight until Turn 5 when in the same fire phase the Canadian 76LL AT took out one Sturmtiger (Final TK# = 5) which had previously been immobilized and then turned CA (in woods) and scored a Critical Hit on a second Sturmtiger on an Intensive Fire shot, burning it. That remarkable sequence combined with the Canadian 8-1 and a squad with LMG hunkered down in a stone building shaking off multiple high column fire group attacks secured the Canadian right and center and the Germans ran out of steam and were unable to dislodge the Canadians from the buildings.

The Sturmtigers though very intimidating proved to be mostly ineffective (1 KIA in the game) as their ability to fire is limited and the infantry was hard to hit in the stone buildings even though none of them rolled the Circle B# (10).

As always, Steve was a very enjoyable and knowledgeable opponent and I look forward to our next game.

Bob Z

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
In the Euro/Oceanic League, Santiago and I are playing SP61 Objective Exodus. So far, my British attackers don't seem to be able to pass a single MC, and both my mortars malfunctioned. But I have managed to capture one German squad and see the outskirts of the village I have clear, so it's still a tense game.

Status
Not open for further replies.