VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Rob Arrieta's Germans are attacking my brave two-tone Polish defenders in BFP-5 Engineering Defeat.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Michael Klautky (French) and Paul Schaeffer (Germans) concluded DTF2, Blitzkrieg today. Mike wasn't feeling it and conceded.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Second Line League Reminder

I want to remind all the participants in the League that the deadline for communicating the result of the first round expires on April 15th. There are 3 useful weekends to finish. Be Aware that the deadline will not be extended.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Andy Beaton's Romanians have defeated Roberto Alesse's Russians in JAVA4A Prelude from the Lone Canuck ASL for Fun scenarios. Roberto played well but there's nothing anyone can do when the dicebot decides to hand out critical hits.

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US/Can West Central League - Round 1
ZINSELMEYER robert (Partisan/American) vs GALLI rick (German) will play DB080 - Task Force to Cotignac.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
In Europe/Oceania League, with Tobias we are playing FT91 Ne pas Subir.

Tobias has the French and their B1Bis

Half the game completed so far.

Lionel

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Holland defeats Roy Johanson in In Front of the Storm. My poor Germans required some hot shots from a 37mm AT Gun that broke 2 French squads adjacent to the bridge while a wounded German hero and a 548 killed 2 more in CC. By the end the Germans had a 548, a hero, and the 37mm gun while the French had a wounded 7-0 leader and a bunch of brokees. A couple of times I thought I was toast when my 9-2 failed me but a plucky 8-1 named Slappy rallied some guys to the bridge. He also killed a French 8-1 in single combat! ? Roy also managed to ambush my 9-2 leader and squad. A rare sight. :censored: An exciting battle to be sure.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don Holland defeats Roy Johanson in In Front of the Storm. My poor Germans required some hot shots from a 37mm AT Gun that broke 2 French squads adjacent to the bridge while a wounded German hero and a 548 killed 2 more in CC. By the end the Germans had a 548, a hero, and the 37mm gun while the French had a wounded 7-0 leader and a bunch of brokees. A couple of times I thought I was toast when my 9-2 failed me but a plucky 8-1 named Slappy rallied some guys to the bridge. He also killed a French 8-1 in single combat! ? Roy also managed to ambush my 9-2 leader and squad. A rare sight. :censored: An exciting battle to be sure.
You picked a truly great tournament scenario

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Aaron's Germans defeated Martins Brits in close fought game of FRF100 Deutsch Lesson.
Martin generated 2 hero's but his armor was largely out Stug'd; a pleasure to play and look forward to doing again in the future.

I still want to understand why there are 3 M5 HT specified and 1 M5A1 when they are functionally the same counter!

Fun Scenario

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic's 1940 Germans defeated Jon Cole's attacking French in RPT152 - Shaken not Stirred.

The French attacked both building clusters as they must control 5 of 7 stone buildings. The upper board 70 saw four VC buildings attacked by the 9-2 led group aided by four R35s.

My 37L up there had a bunch of ammo and broke several squad equivalents. The French were poised to take the final two buildings had we played my 4th and Jon's 5th turns.

The problem was on the lower board as that French force possessed little backbone fiber. Both my 81mm Mtr, the second 37L and both MMGs were there to encourage their reluctance. One of their two board 67 R35s fell to a VBM Street Fight and when a HOBing 457 suddenly surrendered, it was over.

I would gladly try as the attackers, although 5 moving turns puts significant time pressure on them.

Enjoyable game with Jon, as always. Played in 4.5 hours, a good tourney scenario despite the 30 or so squads.

Rich

Last edited:
Reactions: ecz

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
I still want to understand why there are 3 M5 HT specified and 1 M5A1 when they are functionally the same counter!
I don't have the scenario to hand, but the M5 with an AAMG has a MA Rof of 1 and the M5A1 version has an AAMG MA with a rof of 2, so if they are armed with AAMG then that would be why

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I don't have the scenario to hand, but the M5 with an AAMG has a MA Rof of 1 and the M5A1 version has an AAMG MA with a rof of 2, so if they are armed with AAMG then that would be why
Neither have any MG

jwert02

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got pretty fortunate on the attack as the Germans and defeated Ken Dunn (Americans) at HF6 Jackpot Jones.

ASLmedic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kåre Jacobsens russian veterans lost against Francesco Isabellas fanatical Hitlerjugend in FrF99 Boy Soldiers.Russian weapons was plagued by malfunctions and the Germans fought literally like berserkers.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Kåre Jacobsens russian veterans lost against Francesco Isabellas fanatical Hitlerjugend in FrF99 Boy Soldiers.Russian weapons was plagued by malfunctions and the Germans fought literally like berserkers.
Don't feel bad, this scenario is very difficult for the defenders, so many ways to loose.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Top League, Mike AUGUSTINE's Russians won against Carl NOGUEIRA's Germans in FrF98 Amerikanskaya Suka. I can safely say that the dice gods smiled on me in both our sessions, while simultaneously spitting in Carl's eyes. DR averages are attached for the last session. Both of us played good games that were smartly aggressive with minimal mistakes, but my dice continually rewarded me, while punishing Carl. As an example, his two flamethrower shots caused decent MCs, but I rolled HOB (w/ Fanatic results) both times.

Attachments

Last edited:

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast League, Mark Watson and I have finished FRF96, Flying Circus. Hot German dice cut into Mark's advancing Russians, and a timely fix of the 50L AT Gun spelled Russian defeat in this hard fought scenario. Mark's flanking move with the sleds might have worked better if they weren't of such flimsy construction, the soft sides modeled in the game duplicated the historical result.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
In Europe/Oceania League, my German barely prevailed on the last turn of "FT91 Ne pas Subir" against the French from Tobias.
A great game against a great opponent and a very close game.

ASL at its best

Lionel

Status
Not open for further replies.