Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
In the US/CAN East league Will Willow's Japanese held off Jeff Buser's Americans in BFP50 Alligator Tanks.

buser333

Reaction score
This came right down to the wire. What Will fails to mention, and certainly deserves acknowledgment, is that he suggested we revisit the endgame after he realized I would not be pinned after advancing into bamboo like we both assumed. Considering the importance of this CC, the fact that we were both pretty tired after our 7+ hour session, and the knowledge that I would do the same in his place, I took him up on his gracious offer. I needed to either win a successful ambush or infiltrate to take control of the last pillbox. With even ambush odds we both rolled "5" and I rolled an "11" in CC. Though admittedly disappointed, that feeling was ameliorated by the fact that I enjoy seeing exceptional sportsmanship rewarded with results. Will was one of the first people I played regularly when I got back into the game 5.5 years ago and he was just as much a pleasure to play now as then. Kudos to him for a well-deserved win. I highly recommend this scenario.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
ROUNDHILL brian vs CATANZARO enrico
Rumanian vs Russian in FRF 89 RED TEARS SHED ON GRAY

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Second Line League, John Bock and I (Alan Krause) will be playing FrF86 Belgian Tigers when he gets back from vacation.

Alan

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the US/Canada West/Central League, Steffen Knippel's Russians (with balance) will attack Robert Oler's Germans in WO22 (The Cost of Non-Compliance).

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Perham has the attacking Germans against Craig Houliston's defending Russian rabble in SP255 Anatoly's Ambush.

ASLmedic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Kåre Jacobsens russian veterans is struggling against Francesco Isabellas fanatical Hitlerjugend in FrF99 Boy soldiers.

rustyshields

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Second Line League, Francois Trebosc and I will be playing Scenario 1, Fighting Withdrawal. I'll be the defending Russians and Francois will be the attacking Finns.

KenYoung

ASLKWAD
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ken Young's Germans held on for a win against Alex Koestler's Americans in HF3 First Timers.

I would like to claim that my crafty defense, outstanding grasp of the rules and tactics was the cause of this victory. But that would be a lie. Yes I set out a good defense (in my humble opinion). The real champion was the dice.

It started in the PFPh. When 8 attempts at Smoke/WP achieved 1 WP counter and 6 TH DR over ammo depletion numbers. In the first 2 turns my average IFT was under 7 and his average MC was over 8 (with 6 moral troops). When he did get close enough for CC. I won all 3 times taking 3 half squads off board without casualties.

During the game there was 1 effective SAN (removing my 7-0)

5 boxes rolled. His 75 MA (not repaired), 2 times on rallies (236, 226 removed). My LMG (fixed, first attempt), a PF TH (237 lost).

I must admit that his armour tactics are superior to mine (which is still a weak point for me).

It was fun to play Alex and I hope he has better luck next round.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
in the 2nd line league, Mika H's Germans crushed my Russians in Jave 14 Clash at Rossine by turn 3. I should have looked at the scenario more closely an just how bad the Russians are screwed in this one. I really gotta be more patient on scenario selection and not let myself get roped into an unbalanced dog. The VC is harsh on the Russians, they have to prevent the Germans from exiting four AFV's and at the same time take one VC building. This is further hamstrung by trying to make a dr for reinforcements. The Russian armor is pretty bad, with ML 7 crews and red MP's with B#11 MA's makes their suitability seriously in doubt.

Well, next time I get to argue with the next guy for a couple of weeks on scenario selection. Good times.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Scott

My method is simple, I woudn't consider to play any scenario with less than 20 games recorded on ROAR and with a balance out of the 45-55% range. I make it clear to my opponents on the first email. If they want to play some unbalanced dogs they are going to get the unbalanced side.

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve Anderson's Japanese were beaten senseless by Kris Koch's Americans in AP59 Taking Heads. After all of my leaders were dead at the end of turn 3 it was time to throw in the towel. An enjoyable (if brief) game against an excellent player....

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Chris Mazzei and I have started J175 Bedburg Bite. His Canadians entered unscathed, as my (too) forward defence was not able to do any damage. Still a long way to go..but my Germans looks have a lot of work to do.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark Watson and I have started FRF96, Flying Circus in the East Coast League. Mark has the Russians and charged right in, guns blazing. Dice have been streaky making for some unlikely results, the German 50L missed 3 shots then broke, but a couple of timely snakes have rebalanced things and the end is still very much up in the air. This is a fun game, just don't take it too seriously.

Nate Stapf

Reaction score
Vic Rosso and I are currently playing RB13 Sandbanks on the Volga with me on the attack as the Germans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.