VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
TOP VASLeague Round 2 RESULT

Jon Cole (Germans) defeated Vic Rosso (Dutch) in our playing of SP253 "De Zwarte Duivels"

The game was evenly poised (or more likely slightly in Vic's favour) up until German turn 4, with the Dutch in front 4CVP to 1. However a German squad with LMG (who had shrugged off several 12FP/16FP/20FP +3 shots ) aimed his LMG carefully and killed one of the Dutch armoured cars. The German sniper then got his first and only "1" dr for the game and picked out the Dutch 9-2 leader.
With the VP tally now 9-4 in the German favour, I advanced to block the stairwells of the 23Y7 building, while having another 2 units on Level 2 with LOS to the bridges for another 2VP

Thanks to Vic for a good game.

Cheers
Jon

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Aaron Cleavin (Germans) defeated Ken Young (Russian) in our playing of FrF97 Wrecking the Rentals

Ken pushed hard but fortune wasn't on his Side. My Marder got 2 quality kills and after that, it became an uphill push for him.

Attacking his own wreck in CC and burning it and + creating a leader in CC was a bucket list move!!

Ken is as always wonderful player and a most enjoyable opponent

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll

Marc Hanna (German) Def Enrico Catanzaro (British) in YASL 7. A razor thin victory.

Enrico took advantage of my critical errors to keep the game close in spite of early wounded leaders slowing down his lateral movement capabilities.

On my last player turn, I made a silly move I thought was blocked -- but instead was in the open! But his 7FP attack yielded a hero/fanatic for me instead, just exactly where they could interdict the exit areas. Then, having dodged that, in the same player turn I rolled another double one in a critical CC, netting a new 8-1 leader and the intact squad -- just where they were needed. In his last movement, that same 8-1/447 was able to break his 10-2 running his stack for the exit, thus ending the game since the Brits couldn't get the necessary VPs.

I should add this was my first chance to play Enrico and he is a true sportsman and gentleman, which many of you already know. Many thanks for an excellent game, Enrico!

Last edited:
Reactions: ecz
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Second Line League reminder

This is to remind that you have 17 days left in order to complete your games.

If your game is under way or you have already choosen a scenario, drop us a line with scenario and sides.

If you haven't got in touch with your opponent hurry up and play. 17 days are a lot of time, but it passes quickly.

If your opponent haven't answered your email, let us know.

roll low.

Paolo and Federico

Last edited:

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
VASLeague Europe Oceania Round 2 RESULT

Hi Enrico

Joe Moro (Italian) defeated Will Fleming (British) in FT250 Italian Behemoth

Will was unlucky in losing his ATR early in the game, therefore my tin cans were able to move freely.

I think the Brits need the balance in this one - (an extra ATR)

A good game nevertheless and thank you Will for the game !

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the battle of the Davids, My (David Haasl) Italians held of David Rosners Canadians in BoF8 Sting of the Italian Hornet. It was a great game vs. a great opponent. I had great luck with my AT assets (and that 90mm...wow!) and deprived of reliable armor support, David's very much superior Canadians couldn't make headway fast enough. A lot hinged on a few key die rolls. Change those and maybe the outcome is different. Both of us like the scenario, and I know, I'd play it again as either side.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the battle of the Davids, My (David Haasl) Italians held of David Rosners Canadians in BoF8 Sting of the Italian Hornet. It was a great game vs. a great opponent. I had great luck with my AT assets (and that 90mm...wow!) and deprived of reliable armor support, David's very much superior Canadians couldn't make headway fast enough. A lot hinged on a few key die rolls. Change those and maybe the outcome is different. Both of us like the scenario, and I know, I'd play it again as either side.
Great to hear that!

You are very fortunate to get any action out of the 90L TD, in all our play tests it rarely hit a thing.

jwert02

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jay Dragonetti and I had a rousing good game in J123 Charging Chaumont. I managed to hold off the building intruders for a win for the Germans in the last round. Thanks for the good game Jay

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul Schaeffer's Russians couldn't hold off Paolo Cariolato's Germans in FrF50, Pavlov's Dogs.
This is an interesting scenario (that I was mostly excited about because of the mine dogs, silly though that is)
with some tough choices for the Russians. I managed to exterminate the isolated German pocket fairly quickly
even though the dogs were useless and Paolo managed a critical hit on one of the Valentines, but then his
holdouts fell apart quickly. Unfortunately for me, I managed to make several tactical errors and Paolo made me
pay for every one. The dice were trying to help me, but sometimes...I can't be saved from myself. Paolo's game
was perfect, so a great example of how to do it. We had a fun time along the way.
Several (cardboard) dogs were harmed in the playing of this scenario.