VASLeague 2018, general discussion

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Mmm. At this point I am more worried about Enrico's health than my final standing :(
I hope he is just overwhelmed with work or something likewise benign.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What about next year? Did I miss the thread to sign up or has it not been posted?

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Well boys, I’m back – for a while – to say that real life and work have hindered the VASLeague routine this time. Just to say, if memory serves, I have played only two (2!) scenarios since last August, both VASLeague games. This reveals enough about my crazy commitment these months.

As you probably know we have a new VASLeague winner, Paolo Cariolato. Many congrats to Paolo for his clear run to the title.

I have not written anything before because I was not sure about what to say. Now I’m reasonably sure that the delay is manageable and VASLeague 2019 is possible. It will be a delayed start, however, probably around the 20 January. An email to all partecipants and to all that would join in 2019 will follow.

In a few days I should be able to complete the roster for 2019. Then I’ll give the new date for the start of round one.

Of course the final time limit to join is also delayed.

More details in the first half of January

Thanks to everyone for patience

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In a few days I should be able to complete the roster for 2019. Then I’ll give the new date for the start of round one.

Bravo. And congrats to Paolo.
Enrico's a trooper.
Thanks for this, and everything else.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Well boys, I’m back – for a while – to say that real life and work have hindered the VASLeague routine this time. Just to say, if memory serves, I have played only two (2!) scenarios since last August, both VASLeague games. This reveals enough about my crazy commitment these months.
Maybe you should take on a second to help you cover it. Just a thought. -- jim

jayhawkboy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

As you probably know we have a new VASLeague winner, Paolo Cariolato. Many congrats to Paolo for his clear run to the title.

I have not written anything before because I was not sure about what to say. Now I’m reasonably sure that the delay is manageable and VASLeague 2019 is possible. It will be a delayed start, however, probably around the 20 January. An email to all partecipants and to all that would join in 2019 will follow.

Enrico...would you mind posting the final standings for the top league when you get a chance? By this I’m referring to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, etc.. I saw that Paolo won the league but it taking a runner-up spot in the final standings would be pretty rewarding considering the tough competition.

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to seeing the results from 2018 and the match-ups for 2019! Keep up the good work, Enrico!

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Back Back Back
I'm here again, this time for long.

The 2018 event had its natural end, just I was not able to record all results and prepare the 2019 Season according the usual schedule, but nothing has been lost.
everyone who contacted me in past months have had his answer, all events are today concluded.

later, today, the details and the results for 2018.

Now just a few words to say that I was not able for the first time in 12 years to keep and mantain the planned schedule because overwhelmed by work. I was not able even to predict how long this super extra commitment lasts, so I decided to stay silent, not having a date or a sure thing to say.

Today things are not dark so it's possible restart VASLeague where it has been alted.
New season starts on the 1st March
I'm quickly recruiting players for the new Second Line League and preparing the roster of the other leagues
also the rules for 2019 are almost ready. They will appear later in a new thread dedicated to VASLeague 2019.
The main change is the schedule. Having just 10 months (nine really, because December is a month off) we have a different distribution of the rounds along the year:

round 1 : 1 March - 15 April
round 2 : 16 April - 30 June
round 3 : 1 July - 31 - August
round 4 : 1 September - 15 October

round 5 : 16 October - 30 November (for TOP VASLeague and Second Line League only)

in bold the four rounds of the regional leagues at 16 players (requiring only four rounds).

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
here are the results of the last round for all leagues BUT the TOP VASLeague and the Second Line League (I'll give it later).

Attachments

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Currently working in the final tables.
here are the statistics for 2018.
A little more game played and a little less forfeits than in the past year

Season 2018 statistics:
-TOP VASLeague 78 played, 2 forfeit on 80 scheduled
-European/Oceanian League 28 played, 2 forfeit on 30 scheduled