VASLeague 2018, general discussion

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good evening fellow Berserkers!
Reporting that David Garvin reluctantly conceded our match of ITR15 "Tractor Factory 137."
If you enjoy "in-your-face" City and Factory fighting, highly recommend ITR15 (from Into The Rubble 2).
David is a great opponent and looking forward to meeting him again on the "card-board" battlefield in
the furture .. Good luck in the next round.
Cheers ya;ll!
Pierce

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just finished my Game with Will Fleming. We played FrF92 Arms Race, an interesting scenario from the latest Friendly Fire pack.
A great opponent who put up with my difficulties in getting together at this time of year and we quickly blasted through the game.
It's a strange situation where the Brits have lots of vehicles, 5 Sherman's and 6 A.C. of various types and need to "uncrew" 3 of the 4 guns the Germans have.
Opposing hem are 5 squads with another 4 coming on later and those 4 105L AS guns. Unfortunately the guns have only 1 crew so non qualified use applies to most of their shots.
I was able to tie Wills vehicles up with my infantry and he left himself onky one turn to attack the guns. Add to this, his excellent shooting doing nothing other than activate my sniper (one turn he had 2 successive critical hits that did nothing other than pin his squad and kill his newly heroic leader) I can claim that although his dice might have been lower than mine, mine were better.
With any vehicle heavy scenario it will be dicey but I'd play this one again as either side.
And no, Will, you were not a slow player, of course your turn would take longer than mine, you had vehicles and wee moving, all I did was skull out of the way and move where you could not see me. At no point were you playing slow.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Craig Houliston will be the defending Germans against Enrico's attacking Ruskies in ITR8 Beyond the Slaughterhouse. Looking forward to a great game with Enrico.
and it a was great !

My Russian, HW by HW, gained terrain and buildings until Craig resigned at Turn 5. The awful first VASL session dice average of the Germans helped the Russian cause and the defenders never recovered from there. Despite the FT tank was ineffective and ended in flames unable to complete its first movement (killed by TK PF roll at 4 fired by a 447 just survived at a 30FP flame attack), the Russian were able to overcome any obstacle.

tactical events: there are a few key hexes at level two. Try to occupy them as long as possible with MGs. In scenario where movement is crucial, all those long range shots in open ground can easily make the difference. This is true for both attacker and defender.
Thanks to Craig, very gracious and competent adversary.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
and it a was great !

My Russian, HW by HW, gained terrain and buildings until Craig resigned at Turn 5. The awful first VASL session dice average of the Germans helped the Russian cause and the defenders never recovered from there. Despite the FT tank was ineffective and ended in flames unable to complete its first movement (killed by TK PF roll at 4 fired by a 447 just survived at a 30FP flame attack), the Russian were able to overcome any obstacle.

tactical events: there are a few key hexes at level two. Try to occupy them as long as possible with MGs. In scenario where movement is crucial, all those long range shots in open ground can easily make the difference. This is true for both attacker and defender.
Thanks to Craig, very gracious and competent adversary.
Thanks, Enrico. It was indeed an interesting scenario and your HWs combined with the HMG, and 2xMMG in the Level 2 overwatch position really hurt me. I had hoped my 20L Flak could do some damage, but it never seemed to get any rate (maybe once?). My 88L fared worse missing a key AFV position behind the wall with no rate until it finally 6,6ed (though it came back a turn later only to see the crew under DM the rest of the game). I still had fighting chance in Turn 5 if I could rally the 88L crew on a net 6 or less - miss. The flak crew needed low and missed. from there the human wave was launched and was completely rolled up. Pretty much everyone else broke that turn and there was no reason to continue.

My only real highlights of the game were my SCWs. Burning the FT tank as Enrico said, a Psk burning a T34 on a 7TH and a four-hex Psk TH of 1,2 KO on an SU122.

A great playing by Enrico, skilled and gracious as always.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Japanese were able to hold off Jon Cole's hard charging Aussies in DB139 A Hard Rain's Gona Fall. A couple of fortuitous 50Cal bursts and a very bad series of ambush rolls sealed the deal for the Japanese. Jon as always is a gracious opponent and we always get a good one in.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
In our game of J188 Grab and Go my Russian paratroopers overcame the defense of Chris Hofland’s Germans. Key rolls didn’t go Chris’ way, and my elite paratroopers successfully infiltrated the German position. Great game against a fast and good player, always a great combo.

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Round 3 Result in US /Can West-Central League:
OLER robert (German) defeated ZINSELMEYER robert (American) in AP116 - Mook Point.

Rob played a solid game and maneuvered well using the dense terrain to assault the American hill positions. The Americans were hampered by being unable to gain radio contact with the OBA battery until the late stages of the game. Once the OBA came in it was effective, but by that time the Germans had already closed with the main US positions. I believe we had 6 HoB DRs resulting in a hero for each side, a German squad Battle Hardened, an American HS became Fanatic, and 2 German squads went Berserk. The 2 Berserkers occurred in the same MPh (Turn 6) and resulted in eliminating the US Fanatic HS in CC holding out in a Foxhole position.

A fun scenario with a lot of replay potential. Good luck to Rob in the final round of the league and I look forward to playing him again in the future.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic's Romanians defeated Ed Beekman's Russians in FrF89 - Red Tears Shed on Gray.

My Romanians attacked down both sides and ground through the factories in a very bloody fashion, greatly aided by my three LTvz tanks' 8FP MGs. The two Russian guns were in the rear two factories. The 76 Art gun malf'd early, the 37L AT gun could not hit the broad side of a barn.

When Russian turn four arrived my Romanians had 9 unbroken squad equivalents (of 16 initial squads), all three AFVs, the FT and 15 factory locations. The Russians were down to two squads (of 11 initial squads), the 10-0 and 37L At gun.

The counter attack had too much to do for 4.5 reinforcing squads and we soon called it.

Always enjoy playing Ed as we play at a nice quick pace in a friendly manner.

Rich

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Andy Beaton's Japanese held off Chuck Tewksbury's Russians in ASL 59 Smertniki.
Chuck was a fine opponent and a gentleman and I would gladly play him again.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Mike Klautky and I have unfortunately been unable to conclude our game of 187 Morgan’s Stand.

If a draw causes a difficulty when deciding the next round, feel free to put me down for a loss.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
hello boys
Round 3 is closing
today is the last day
please, post here or send to VASLeague@gmail.com your result,if not already done, not later than this night
thanks

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
FT212, together me and Stephen Miklosik play the May 1944 scenario. My SS fought Stephen partisan for 3,5 turns and after severe losses on both sides, Stephen decided to withdraw his forces. A real bloody fight, and I have to say snipers on both sides were very active.
I really enjoyed playing this scenario with Stephen, hopefully we will have the chance to play other scenarios in the future.
Thanks Stephen

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
still waiting one result in the TOP VASLeague and a few in the Second Line League
hopefully later today the pairings for most of you

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
European - Oceanian League Round 4
VICCA martin vs LUNDY darryl
HANNA marc vs CORIASCO sandro
FLEMING will vs CABRÉ marti
ISELLA stefano vs TOZE santos
PENABELLA santiago vs LORENZEN bjoern
CALTABIANO sebastiano vs JENSEN lars peder
CONFORTI leonardo vs KOCH kris
KENT ivan vs bye

US- Can East League Round 4
SCHAEFFER paul vs TAYLOR jim
NORKO damon vs BOYLE jack
MOTES doyle vs FARDETTE james
AUGUSTINE mike vs ARRIETA rob
BUSER jeff vs PALMA patrick
WILLOW will vs WATSON mark
FORTIN jean francois vs bye R
WERT jason vs DYE charles

US -Can WEST-Central League Round 4
PERHAM dave vs OLER robert
HAMMOND charles vs ROHLFING larry
KNIPPEL steffen vs KING stewart
ZINSELMEYER robert vs HAASL david
BURNETTE jason vs LEHMAN john
ROSNER david vs bye

time until the 31 October to end the fourth and last round
please let me know scenario sides and results when possible
in the attachment Round 3 results

Attachments

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
still waiting one result in the TOP VASLeague Mazzei- Chamberland
and three in the SLL

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
still waiting one result in the TOP VASLeague Mazzei- Chamberland
and three in the SLL
if by this night I will not have a report of these games I'll assign a double forfeit

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
TOP VASLeague Round 4

BAYS john vs CARIOLATO paolo
CATANZARO enrico vs BOUDRENGHIEN françois
DOMOVIC rich vs WASSERMAN jeff
ROUTH brian vs ROSSO vic
YOUNG kenneth vs HOULISTON craig
CLEAVIN aaron vs WIERSMA brian
NOGUEIRA carl vs PAGNI andrea
KOESTLER alex vs TINTURE laurent
KLAUTKY mike vs BEEKMAN edward
CORRIGAN eoin vs KILLEEN kevin
LAUGER paul vs STAPF nathan
GARCIA SILVA pablo vs LOPER robert
FEINSTEIN robert vs COLE jon
ROUNDHILL brian vs CHAPMAN chris
MAZZEI chris vs HOFLAND chris
CHAMBERLAND paul vs DUNN ken

Euro-Oce League Round 4
VICCA martin vs LUNDY darryl
HANNA marc vs CORIASCO sandro
FLEMING will vs CABRÉ marti
ISELLA stefano vs TOZE santos
PENABELLA santiago vs KENT ivan
LORENZEN bjoern vs CALTABIANO sebastiano
CONFORTI leonardo vs KOCH kris
JENSEN lars peder vs bye

US- Can East League Round 4
SCHAEFFER paul vs TAYLOR jim
NORKO damon vs BOYLE jack
MOTES doyle vs FARDETTE james
AUGUSTINE mike vs ARRIETA rob
BUSER jeff vs PALMA patrick
WILLOW will vs WATSON mark
FORTIN jean francois vs bye R
WERT jason vs DYE charles

US -Can WEST-Central League Round 4
PERHAM dave vs OLER robert
HAMMOND charles vs ROHLFING larry
KNIPPEL steffen vs KING stewart
ZINSELMEYER robert vs HAASL david
BURNETTE jason vs LEHMAN john
ROSNER david vs bye

Second Line League Round 4
GALLI rick vs CHILDS bruce
DRAGONETTI jay vs COLIN lionel
LANGER david vs BOND steve
RIEMER andy vs WESTON ramon
MORO joe vs NIKOLOV al
LE BILLAN laurent vs BEATON andy
HOLLAND don vs MASON pierce
LUNNEY adam vs GOLDIN andrew
DEISSLER tobias vs MARTINI luca
CUNNINGHAM dan vs REENSTRA dave
RUSSELL kevin vs ANDERSON steve
KARLSSON bjorn-erik vs KRAUSE alan
ZAVALA felipe vs BARTLETT gary
HØGENHAUG ketil vs TEWKSBURY chuck
KAPLEAU jonathan vs CONNELLY roy
GARVIN david vs BEIJARD dirk
VENNARUCCI joseph vs FANTEGROSSI alfred
RIMWALL magnus vs CUMMINGS steve
BROOKS chris vs SELLARS lee hyde
HUNTER jim vs HARVIALA mika
WENTWORTH philip vs GRASSI maurizio
DEMPSEY jack vs BELLINI jim
REZACK todd vs MIKLOSIK steve

for the TOP VASLeague and the SLL time until the 31 August to end the fourth round;
for the other leagues time until the 31 October to end the fourth and last round

please let me know scenario sides and results when possible.
in the attachment Round 3 results

Attachments

Last edited: