VASLeague 2018, general discussion

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
David Rosner's Germans are defending against my Canadians in ELC03 "Kangaroos in Louisendorf." We're using the IIFT, because we want to.

This scenario is part of the as-yet-unpublished Elite Canadians 2 pack to be released at the Canadian ASL Open in Winnipeg, May 18-20, 2018.
More at http://canadianasl.org
David Rosner's German defence could not hold back my swarming Kangaroos, and he conceded with 1.5 turns left.
As usual, David was an engaging and knowledgeable opponent. I look forward to our next match.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
People,
as said at the beginning of this season, in April is possible a late subscription in VASLeague (in the Second Line League) joining the tournament and playing round 3,4 and 5.
People not currently recorded in any VASLeague can ask to join SLL. As usual drop me a request at VASLeague@gmail.com. Time expires on the 30th April. I waited until 2nd April to post this message for obvious reasons!

Last edited:

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Adam and I finished J60 Bad Luck. I played the German Attacker.

In the end, it was the opposite of bad luck: I hit almost everything I shot at, killed all Shermans and didn't lose any tanks myself, only my ht to a sniper early on, so the American defeat was inevitable. It's a nice scenario. I think it favors the German side a little bit, but with the dice so clearly on my side, it wasn't as tense as it could have been.

KenYoung

ASLKWAD
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ken Young's Germans (with Player Balance) achieved victory over Chris Mazzei's Russians, in BoF7 The Fields of Black Gold.

In an uneven game of DRs. The Russians where abused by the dice gods.
Chris did roll snakes on a 4 down 2 IFT (removing a 248), a 3 on a TK# (burning a Pz IVF2) and killing a 8-1 with his sniper.
As for myself, Boxes on a TH by a PvIIIJ was my worst DR. Other than that my dice ruled the battle field. I failed about 5 MC, in the whole game. My IFT racked up about 3 or 4 KIAs (vs troops in +1/+2 TEM). 9-2 armour leader scored a critical hit against a 447 in a trench. Two APCR shots, killed a Valentine and a T-34. Also a Hero joined my ranks on turn 4 RPh, to add his DRM to my 9-1, 468+MMG, 468+LMG stack. A sniper attack broke his gun crew over watching the East side of hill 621 (who did not rally for 2 player turns).
When you add in the fact that the Russians failed almost 65% of his MC. It was not an enjoyable game, for the Allies.

Chris is a good player, who deserve a better game (one of equal DR). I usually enjoy playing someone of his skill and knowledge. But the DR effectively ruined the game for both of us.

Better luck next round Chris.

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jeff Wasserman's Chinese defeated Laurent Tinture's Japanese in Melee near the Coast.

The dice did not do Laurent any favours (he failed uncountable numbers of NMC and 1MC) while I generated a Berserk squad from a broken unit, and a hero.

Hightlights included a Dare Death squad who charged to allow me to extricate several other squads from a death trap on turn 2, a second to last turn banzai which almost put the Japanese back into the game, and a HTH melee where after I rolled boxcars on a 2-1 -2 Laurent proceeded to roll 11 on his 1-1 -1 attack back.

Good scenario, pleasant company, hoping to do it again soon.

Jeff

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Jeff Wasserman's Chinese defeated Laurent Tinture's Japanese in Melee near the Coast.

The dice did not do Laurent any favours (he failed uncountable numbers of NMC and 1MC) while I generated a Berserk squad from a broken unit, and a hero.

Hightlights included a Dare Death squad who charged to allow me to extricate several other squads from a death trap on turn 2, a second to last turn banzai which almost put the Japanese back into the game, and a HTH melee where after I rolled boxcars on a 2-1 -2 Laurent proceeded to roll 11 on his 1-1 -1 attack back.

Good scenario, pleasant company, hoping to do it again soon.

Jeff
Very enjoyable game and Jeff is one of the fairest player i ever encounter !
Merci Jeff et à bientôt.

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Jon Cole (Germans) defeated Robert Loper's Polish defenders in our playing of BFP133 "Over the Hills".

Thanks for the game Rob

Cheers
Jon

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry (ger) and Bob Zinselmeyer (ami) squared off in WO10 - All Along the Merderet.

An interesting scenario with two theaters and having interdependent VC. The Germans have purchase points; I picked 1 for mmc and leaders and 2 for vehicles/guns and special/sw. Focusing on the north, the germans grabbed the four VC hexes and in south held onto the three required locations but could not get to the stream much less across it. German win in a very balanced scenario that has significant replay potential.

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andy RIEMER and I kicked off our second round cellar game today, and made it over halfway through BFP 107 Costly Baptism. We hope to finish it up next Saturday.

Alan

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic's Japanese defeated Kevin Killeen's Amis in BFP51 - Kwajalein Crush.

Game went until the start of Ami turn 7, when three Japanese 237s, one 137, two 126s, three leaders, 447/lmg and two reduced crews spread out in building village. They blocked off enough buildings to make the several non-broken Ami squads task to capture 10 of 15 buildings, hopeless.

Ami attack started well as they chewed up a couple of 347s and reduced several other Japanese squads at the cost of one 346. The Type93 12.7 in the woods in front of town, decloaked and DI'd a Sherman, then broke a couple of 747 assault engineers before suffering a K/3 in a hail of Ami fire.

We both sensed a turn of momentum after three Ami boxcar rally rolls. My Japanese 75 AA gun at the bottom of the village in the orchard field and a 10-1/228/MMG held off the main 9-2 led Amis executing a left (Ami view) flanking attack around the central kunai. They Kia'd a Sherman, broke the 9-2 and about six squads; forcing the two FT tanks to re-route to the top village attack. One FT malfunctioned and a HIP 447/lmg immobilized the other in CC.

The final straw was when the 75 AA gun broke the newly inspired 9-2/kill stack in the central grain and the fat lady was singing.

Nice scenario, ROAR has it dead even after 44 or so playings. I think the two flame throwing tank's performance is key to the scenario outcome.

Played in 4 hours, Kevin was fun to play even as his dice went South mid-game.

Rich

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Played AP 100 Coal in Their Stockings for VASLeague winning as American vs Robert Feinstein. My dice were hot enough to force him to concede in turn 5 after I captured the second building (producing a potential on 12 VPs against his maximum possible of 9 VPs) and killed his last remainig JagPz trying to pass across a rain of shells to gain the exit VPs with a desperate move. Very relaxing two-sessions VASL game against a very competent opponent I can only thank for the time spent with me and for his sportmanship.

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Andy RIEMER and I kicked off our second round cellar game today, and made it over halfway through BFP 107 Costly Baptism. We hope to finish it up next Saturday.

Alan
We did finish the game tonight. With three snake-eyes in a row for the Poles [ANDY] and many German [ALAN] 9's and 10's, the Germans fell short one victory hex. A Polish win.

A very fine scenario that came down to the last turn, against a gentlemanly and pleasant opponent.

Andy

EDIT to ADD: These Polish Ursus armored cars are very weird constructions.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Craig Houliston's rag-tag Russians were able to hold out against Eoin Corrigan's rampaging Rumanians in FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray. This was an exquisite scenario that had us both see-sawing back and forth. Eoin came heavy on the Russian right flank and was chopping up my defense pretty badly, but the T4 reinforcements were able to get to reinforce the factory. In the end game, the dice really helped the Russians by eliminating two tanks late in the game -- one via street fighting and the other via a 37L in the right rear flank factory of the Russian defense. Well played by Eoin, but tough dice late in the game proved the difference. Best of success to Eoin -- one of the kindest, most enjoyable ASLers I have ever played.

A very enjoyable scenario -- currently 12-11 favoring the Russians on ROAR. Solid.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Craig Houliston's rag-tag Russians were able to hold out against Eoin Corrigan's rampaging Rumanians in FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray. This was an exquisite scenario that had us both see-sawing back and forth. Eoin came heavy on the Russian right flank and was chopping up my defense pretty badly, but the T4 reinforcements were able to get to reinforce the factory. In the end game, the dice really helped the Russians by eliminating two tanks late in the game -- one via street fighting and the other via a 37L in the right rear flank factory of the Russian defense. Well played by Eoin, but tough dice late in the game proved the difference. Best of success to Eoin -- one of the kindest, most enjoyable ASLers I have ever played.

A very enjoyable scenario -- currently 12-11 favoring the Russians on ROAR. Solid.

I just played the via PbeM. I was the Russian player and did not manage to pass 1MC the whole game but a T5 9 straight ROF tear from h*ll broke the back of the Rumanians. That was with my 37L (6) & one of my BA-6 (3). The BA-6 started his ROF with a 1,1 on my opponent's last AFV and just kept going. Opponent couldn't muster enough to take back a factory. It was his game from the beginning and the die just turned on him to give it to me.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Boys ( ah ah)... there are a few days remaining till the end of the second round. The times expires the 30th. Please post the results not later than next monday night. Also, since I'll travel to London for a personal Operation Sealion till the 2 May, the next update could be delayed to the 3 May.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Marc and I just finished the playing of FT148 La Horgne.
My Germans finally overcame his plucky defenders after a turn 3 disaster fire phase for him where he either cowered or failed to achieve any result left me able to swarm his remaining defenders.
A good opponent who dealt with my chaotic life just now.
I have to apologise to him for messing him around as my head was not in a good place.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
only two days remaining and then Round 2 of VASLeague 2018 ends.

I still need a few result for the TOP League, Three from the EAST League and 10 (!) from the SLL. Please send me the results by the 30th April.
The European League and the West Central League have completed the round, so there is no reason to delay the start of their new round.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
European Oceanian League, Round 3
VICCA martin vs FLEMING will
LUNDY darryl vs ISELLA stefano
HANNA marc vs LORENZEN bjoern
CORIASCO sandro vs CONFORTI leonardo
CALTABIANO sebastiano vs CABRÉ marti
TOZE santos vs PENABELLA santiago