VASLeague 2018, general discussion

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Stephen and I played ASL 163 Stopped Cold with me as the Finns and Stephen as the Russians.
In the first round it ended with a draw between Piotr and Stephen. We almost finished the game this weekend and decided to call it a draw.
Stephen managed to get some troops off the board but my finns was still in position to counter what he needed for the victory. We discussed it as gentlemen and came to the conclusion that it would be more or less a coin toss that would decide the game but the time ran out for us.
It was a good scenario even though I personally do not think it was great but would definitely play it again. Great opponent and I wish him luck in the continuation of the tournament. Looking forward to the next game.

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Me and Steve will play AP 029 Raff's Dilemma in our next game, American balance in effect.
I will have the germans and Steve have the americans.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Eoin Corrigan's attacking Rumanians will take on Craig Houliston's defending Russian rabble in FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray. Looking forward to a great match with Eoin.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Eoin Corrigan's attacking Rumanians will take on Craig Houliston's defending Russian rabble in FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray. Looking forward to a great match with Eoin.
very good scenario just played at ASO, classical game in two parts. Attack and counterattack.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
now the forum allows again to attach files, so you can find above, in the previous page of this thread, the Round 1 results of all leagues

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
In the Top League Vic Rosso and I will play J178 Old Friends. We rolled for sides and I will take the German defenders.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Morning Berserkers!
In the 2nd Line League, Roy and I will be fighting in the streets of Stalingrad. Roy's Germans
will be attacking my Russians holed up in "Pavlov's House" (VotG 14).
Cheers ya'll!
Pierce

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pieter and I are playing ASL 17 Lost Opportunities. I get the German stomach battalion and their collection of designer French tin cans. :oops:

cohort

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Second Line Legaue
Jay Dragonetti's Germans are facing Albert Kirkpatrick's Americans in J193 Raff's Rules.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Adam and I are going to play J60 Bad Luck, with me as the German Attacker.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff BUSER and Mike AUGUSTINE will be playing BoF2 A Polish Requiem. Jeff will be the Poles, while Mike is the Germans

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US/Can West-Central League Round 2
ZINSELMEYER robert vs ROHLFING larry

Larry and I will be playing WO10 - All Along The Merderet with Larry in command of the Attacking Germans and myself the Defending Americans.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sebastiano and I will play SP269, "Retaking Kharkov" with me having the defending Russians trying to prevent just that from happening.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff BUSER and Mike AUGUSTINE will be playing BoF2 A Polish Requiem. Jeff will be the Poles, while Mike is the Germans
Mike AUGUSTINE's Germans won against Jeff BUSER's Poles. I think the Poles have to get some good rolls on the first turn when the Germans are most vulnerable, or they become quickly overwhelmed. Jeff's Poles did not get such luck. Jeff is a good player with great rules knowledge.

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pieter and I are playing ASL 17 Lost Opportunities. I get the German stomach battalion and their collection of designer French tin cans. :oops:
My Ukranian misfits tightened their jock straps and grabbed 4 builings before the paratroopers could kill 10 squads worth.
A glorious victory for conscripts everywhere. :p

(In truth the real heroes were the Marder crew who brought a lot of smoke rounds.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Andy Beaton's Germans succesfully fought off the Jack Dempsey's French in J183 - A Real Barn Burner. The title is accurate, it was a great scenario and it was hard to tell who the dice gods hated more. Jack's a fun opponent and I would gladly play him again.

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perham (German) defeats Hammond (Russian) in VotG15, Perfected In Battle. The Russian started with a Human Wave on the first turn and it wasn't pretty for them as the Germans rolled well. German HMG had a rate tear on Turn 3 which broke the back of the attack before it malfed. Russian OBA came down danger close and broke some friendlies while the Germans laughed it off. Good playing with Chuck again after several years.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
David Rosner's Germans are defending against my Canadians in ELC03 "Kangaroos in Louisendorf." We're using the IIFT, because we want to.

This scenario is part of the as-yet-unpublished Elite Canadians 2 pack to be released at the Canadian ASL Open in Winnipeg, May 18-20, 2018.
More at http://canadianasl.org

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US/CAN East: Schaeffer (Germans) met Palma (French) in FrF87 Mormal Forest. In an excellent game, that flipped and flopped, we were locked in CC in the last turn in the second VC building and the Germans got the roll for the win. A really fun scenario and a wonderful opponent!

Rick Galli

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Second Line League, Eero Vihersaari (the French) and Rick Galli (the Germans) played A Real Barn Burner (J183) on Sunday, April 1st. This is a very fun, very tense scenario, with lots of interesting decisions. The Germans were just barely able to eke out a victory.

The German blocking force was able to hold off the French for a lot longer than expected, aided in no small manner by the leader of that force becoming heroic and rallying key units just in time to withstand the next French assault. The German assault force had a lot of trouble breaking into the farm complex and those fanatic Frenchmen were hard to hurt. But by the final German turn, the Germans had seized half the farm and were locked in melee for the other half. Only a handful of the French reinforcements were able to make it to the farm, and on the final turn of the game, the surviving French engaged in a last desperate Close Combat to decide the game but were unable to get the result they needed. It's always entertaining when a game comes down to the final die roll of the final turn!

Eero is a great guy to play ASL with and this match was a lot of fun. I wish Eero the best of luck in future rounds and I hope I get the opportunity to play him again.