VASLeague 2018, general discussion

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paolo and I are playing SP74, the last tiger where my last tiger is trying to hold off Paolo's hoardes. Thru Russian 3, a total of 3 Russian tanks are down as well as the Nashorn. Lots of drifting smoke on the board with a few turns to go. The infantry is awfully close to the objective area though.

Vic
We wrapped up the game today with my German team losing by a point to Paolo's Russian ensemble in SP74, "The Last Tiger". My tiger made a last ditch brave run at the last tank (Sherman) with a functioning MA and got blown to pieces by an APCR round in the last turn. I was still alive in cc but failed to survive a 3-1 attack against one of my units. Very close on all VC. Best wishes to Paolo in future rounds. Vic

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the US East League, Chuck Dye and Paul Schaeffer finished up a playing of FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray.
Chuck's Russian conscript failing to lay down his fire lane opened the door to a rush
of Paul's Romanians and they grabbed the terrain needed. Reinforcements were
too little too late. Thanks Chuck for a fun game!

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jean F. (Jeff) Fortin played Mike Augustine in AP131 Crickets in Spring. Jeff was the Russians, Mike the Germans. It was a close game from beginning to end, with it going down to the last turn. Mike's Germans eeked out a win (51-49). Jeff is a great player with great rules knowledge - and a pleasure to play against.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
In the Cellar League (TM), over a couple of sessions, my Japanese defeated Mark Kolenski's Chinese in BFP-30 Melee Near the Coast. Fun scenario, fun opponent.

Reactions: ecz

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
The way I played it should be the Catacombs League!!

David Langer beat Mark Sockwell in FT213, Up The Liri Valley from FTC8. Interesting scenario as both sides get to attack and defend. Unfortunately, my defending Germans couldn't spit into the ocean in the first turn and evidently didn't like their MMG and permanently broke it just to make a point.

David was a great opponent!

Cheers,

Mark

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In the Cellar League (TM), over a couple of sessions, my Japanese defeated Mark Kolenski's Chinese in BFP-30 Melee Near the Coast. Fun scenario, fun opponent.
The way I played it should be the Catacombs League!!

David Langer beat Mark Sockwell in FT213, Up The Liri Valley from FTC8. Interesting scenario as both sides get to attack and defend. Unfortunately, my defending Germans couldn't spit into the ocean in the first turn and evidently didn't like their MMG and permanently broke it just to make a point.

David was a great opponent!

Cheers,

Mark
well, I admit you are right, the Second Line League it's a gentle name for a bad place! But I had to take some measure to improve the gaming experience of the more assidous players creating a sort of fence. Only who deserves reaches the higher levels

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Craig Houliston's French held off Aaron Cleavin's determined Germans in FrF87 Mormal Forest. The French inflicted some tough losses on the Germans in the first few turns, but Aaron's 37L HTs were a killer -- tons of rate and effects. He also excelled in some key mid-game CCs in the village that took out the 25LL/gun crew and two full squads.

In the final German turn, the VC hex containing a 457 was sleeze frozen by a HT. As it turned out it came down to a 248 French (adjacent to the VC building) 2-0 FF shot against an adjacent CX stack containing 838, 468, 247, 8-0 (w/ FT) and a non-CX 247. LeBeau fires a 1,1 for 1MCs and a K/1 against the leader (rolled a 6 on WC). All but the CX 247 break. French retain in the "back building" VC hex in this scenario when the lone 247 enters CC with the HT and is killed in CC

Fabulous, highly recommended scenario. I stalled the Germans in the woods adequately enough, but after losing the village VC hex in large part to the killer HTs, the Germans were able to hook around to the back building. Had I held out one more half turn in the village, the Germans would have had a much tougher time getting to that back building. Great scenario; wonderful, skilled opponent.

jwert02

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff Buser (Axis) gets the win in the East League over Jason Wert (Americans) in G8 Recon in Force. Fantastic scenario with back and forth fights for the two respective strongholds. In the end, the Italians held out over their German compatriots and kept the win and under the CVP cap. Good win for Jeff!

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
hello
just three days to end the first round.
I still wait the results of a few games. Please let me know here or at VASLeague@gmail.com the results by the 28th Feb

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the Main League Wasserman defeated Killeen in BFP41 Last Cavalry Charge.

I played poorly but backed into the win the last few of my Japanese managed to break his 9-2 who was eliminated for
failure to rout causing a fanatic 667 to also break and be eliminated resulting in the Americans exceeding their CVP cap.

If you play this one as the Japanese remember to unload the crews and MG's (50cal and MMG) from the scout cars ASAP
as this will increase your firepower by 24FP (until you break them) and decrease the your CVP loss for the SC from 5 to 2 points each.

Kevin was as usual a fun to play against win or lose.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Evening ASL Fans
Al Kirkpatricks' Germans defeated my Russians in our playing of AP 131. Al played a great game and
I couldn't recover from losing my Guns early in the match. Still, gave him a run for his money but
in the end, his CVP total was greater. Great opponent and good luck in round 2
Cheers ya'll!

Rick Galli

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Second Line League, my French held off Gary Bartlett's Germans for the win. We played Chateau Gandelu (RPT 137). The Germans are under a lot of time pressure in this one, and the French were very fortunate in their dice rolls. This was my re-introduction to ASL after an absence of 17 years, and Gary was a gracious and patient opponent. I wish him the best of luck in future rounds.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi Enrico,

My Americans defeated Pablo's Germans in J179 Resignation Supermen. Great opponent, fun scenario.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
TOP VASLeague Round 2

PAGNI andrea vs BAYS john R
WASSERMAN jeff vs TINTURE laurent
ROUTH brian vs LAUGER paul
KLAUTKY mike vs CARIOLATO
CORRIGAN eoin vs HOULISTON craig
CATANZARO enrico vs FEINSTEIN robert
WIERSMA brian vs NOGUEIRA carl
BOUDRENGHIEN françois vs KOESTLER alex
CHAPMAN chris vs BEEKMAN edward
DOMOVIC rich vs KILLEEN kevin
MAZZEI chris vs YOUNG kenneth
CHAMBERLAND paul vs STAPF nathan
ROSSO vic vs GARCIA SILVA pablo
CLEAVIN aaron vs HOFLAND chris
LOPER robert vs COLE jon
DUNN ken vs ROUNDHILL brian

Euro/Oce League Round 2

HANNA marc vs VICCA martin
CALTABIANO sebastiano vs FLEMING will
CONFORTI leonardo vs LUNDY darryl
CABRÉ marti vs ISELLA stefano
KENT ivan vs LORENZEN bjoern
CORIASCO sandro vs JENSEN lars
KOCH kris vs TOZE santos
PENABELLA santiago vs bye

US/Can East League Round 2

SCHAEFFER paul vs PALMA patrick
NORKO damon vs MOTES doyle Role
FARDETTE james vs TAYLOR jim
AUGUSTINE mike vs BUSER jeff
DYE charles vs ARRIETA rob
WILLOW will vs BOYLE jack
YLLANES david vs WATSON mark
FORTIN jean francois vs WERT jason

US/Can West-Central League

PERHAM dave vs HAMMOND charles
ZINSELMEYER robert vs ROHLFING larry
HAASL david vs VOZNIC ryan
LEHMAN john vs OLER robert
ROSNER david vs KNIPPEL steffen
KING stewart vs BURNETTE Jason

site updated, email sent to everyone
Round 2 ends on the 30th April
please let me know scenarios sides and results as soon as possible

Attachments

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Peter and I have finished our game and Peter crushed me....finished 4am Jan 1....

:hellyes: jk
as you have noticed the pairings for Round 2 of the Second Line League are still not ready.

ironically we are waiting the result of the player above that - by joke - said he was the first to complete his game, at 4am of the 1st January.
First to post, last to play...

hopefully very soon we 'll start round 2

Last edited:

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
as you have noticed the pairings for Round 2 of the Second Line League are still not ready.

ironically we are waiting the result of the player above that - by joke - said he was the first to complete his game, at 4am of the 1st January.
First to post, last to play...

hopefully very soon we 'll start round 2
Hello!
I sent him my setup on the 11/1 and then nothing have happened on my opponents part other than saying he is busy.
Peter

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
And here are the pairings for the second round. It ends on the 30th April
Please let me know scenario, sides and result as soon as possible

Second Line League ROUND 2

NIKOLOV al vs ARMSTRONG spencer
GALLI rick vs VIHERSAARI eero
LE BILLAN laurent vs TEWKSBURY chuck
CHILDS bruce vs CHRISTO anthony
HOLLAND don vs VAN INNIS pieter
DRAGONETTI jay vs KIRKPATRICK albert
GARVIN david vs COLIN lionel
LUNNEY adam vs DEISSLER tobias
KEHRER jordan vs LANGER david
FANTEGROSSI alfred vs CUNNINGHAM dan
REENSTRA dave vs CUMMINGS steve
HØGENHAUG ketil vs MORO joe
BOND steve vs ANDERSON steve
HUNTER jim vs KARLSSON bjorn-erik
KRAUSE alan vs RIEMER andy
WESTON ramon vs KOLENSKI mark
BARTLETT gary vs GRIFFA alberto
DEMPSEY jack vs BEATON andy
KAPLEAU jonathan vs CALCADA luis
CONNELLY roy vs MASON pierce
VENNARUCCI joseph vs BELLINI jim
BEIJARD dirk vs GOLDIN andrew
SOCKWELL mark vs MARTINI luca
RIMWALL magnus vs BOCK john
SHURTZ randy vs RUSSELL kevin
BROOKS chris vs ALESSE roberto
SELLARS lee hyde vs REZACK todd
ZAVALA felipe vs HARVIALA mika

Attachments

Last edited:

ChuckD

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Eastern League round 2 Rob Arrieta will command the French against Chuck Dye as the German commander in RPT 137 Chateau Gandelu.