VASLeague 2018, general discussion

Discussion in 'ASL Events' started by ecz, Nov 19, 2017.

1. tunixx

tunixx Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Berlin
    There's always the option to concede a game and post the result immediately.

2. Mongo5486

Mongo5486 Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Allen Park, MI
    Will Willow's Americans will take on Damon Norko's Japanese in ASL154 Orange at Walawbum.

3. Houlie

Houlie CEO of HoulieDice (TM)

Nov 15, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Craig Houliston will take the defending French versus Aaron Cleavn's attacking Germans in FrF87 Mormal Forest. Am looking forward to a great match with Aaron.

4. Stewart

Stewart Active Member

Jun 20, 2006
    California
    Peter and I have finished our game and Peter crushed me....finished 4am Jan 1....

:hellyes: jk

5. Stewart

Stewart Active Member

Jun 20, 2006
    California

Can this not be rectified with an online AREA ASL rating system? where you can access their RATING across all levels? There was a Ladder system years ago that used points and was actually fun. Unless you get the one guy who won't play you in fear of losing too many points...to a lesser ASLer.

Surely, someone out there can code a webpage for this? Just like Roar?
    Or even tie it into Roar, basing the points gained on the difficulty of the game...i.e. playing the crappy (20% winrate) of a side yielding more potential points.

6. ecz

ecz Partisan Captain

Aug 31, 2003
    Italy
    please let me know scenario and sides, then - as first player posting here in the forum the complete result - you win a free game vs the TD (scenario to decide)

7. ecz

ecz Partisan Captain

Aug 31, 2003
    Italy

The problem is that even the ""perfect" rating system is useless if your goal is NOT rate player and limit the access to the superior level to the best skilled players, but instead is mostly avoid that inconstant/not motivated/not suited for VASL/ too busy to play live via internet people occupy spots just for being cancelled before the tournament ends. No rating system can predict the approach to VASLeague, just an entry level can give some informations: who is motivated enough to play and win four or five games against people of all kinds and levels in any time zone will probably be suited to reach the higher VASLeague levels.

8. ecz

ecz Partisan Captain

Aug 31, 2003
    Italy
    After about 7 years from the last time I'm again in '45 Vienna to play J1 Urban Guerrillas as Russian vs Chris Hofland

9. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 16, 2004
    New Market, MD
    Will and I played this out on three straight evenings. It was see-saw at first, but my Japanese were able to get lucky with snipers and DC heroes and were able to take both hills on turn 6 for the win. Thanks to Will for a good game and I look forward to a potential rematch at WO!!

10. ecz

ecz Partisan Captain

Aug 31, 2003
    Italy
    "this" which one?

11. Mongo5486

Mongo5486 Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Allen Park, MI
    It was ASL154 Orange at Walawbum. Damon's Japanese won against my Americans.

12. ecz

ecz Partisan Captain

Aug 31, 2003
    Italy
    well, as first player in 2018 to public here the full report of the game (opponents, sides, and result) you win a free play vs the TD. :cool:
    if you agree I'll submit you a small group of scenarios from which you will pick one, deciding also the side.

13. Mongo5486

Mongo5486 Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Allen Park, MI
    To the winner goes the spoils so Damon is going to be your opponent. Feel free to avenge me. Thanks for running the league.

14. ecz

ecz Partisan Captain

Aug 31, 2003
    Italy
    Ok, but the point of this new tradition is to give an incentive to post here and soon the full report of the game no matter who wins. I'll challenge Damon then, as first to post.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  15. WuWei

WuWei Active Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Germany
    Andy and I are playing ASL131 The Penetration of Rostov, with me as the German attacker. We are on turn 4, and the tension is rising.

16. RobTys

RobTys New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    New Jersey
    I've tried getting in touch with my opponent in the Second Line League, but so far, no reply. Just an FYI.

17. ASL1

ASL1 Active Member

Sep 6, 2003
    Georgia
    Calling Al Kirkpatrick .. emailed you twice on our round 1 match .. pm here or email me
    at advancedsl1@comcast.net

Cheers ya'll!
    Pierce

18. Pieter76

Pieter76 New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Westerlo, Belgium
    I'll be playing 188 Zon with the Wind against Luis Calcada in the Second Line League. Luis will be playing the Germans.

19. ASL1

ASL1 Active Member

Sep 6, 2003
    Georgia
    Good Evening

Al Kirkpatrick and I will be playing AP 131 "Crickets In Spring." Al will attack my Russian elements
    of the 26th Army with his dastardly SS-Panzer Division 12 "Hitlerjugend. Looking forward to
    trying to take out a few Pz VG's.

Cheers ya'll!
    Pierce

20. ecz

ecz Partisan Captain

Aug 31, 2003
    Italy
    Damon Norko l and I finished a VASL game of FrF 87 Mormal Forest to begin the new tradition of the celebrating new season game between the TD and the first player to post his result here in the forum. Game went down to the last ad Fire PH phase. My Germans never got a success in CC/melee failings >5 times attacks at 2/1 or 3/1. At the end the German were still in the position to win but a 2 IFT attack (no DRM) pinned the 838 carrying the FT when he was just to burn the last defender of the last objective.
    First time I play with Damon, an opponent I recommend if you want a relaxed game.