VASLeague 2017, general discussion

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In one of the diciest ASL games I've ever been a part of, Jim Fardette's Germans defeated Al Kirkpatrick's Belgians in J182 Belgian Blitzkrieg. Al's Belgians probably averaged a 4 during DFF to KIA 3 full squad equivalents and break a few others, and his sniper wounded a leader as my Germans rushed the building. Things changed on turn 2 as little 1 & 2 FP attacks stopped his reserves short of the victory building including a snake eyes in FPF, followed by snakes in both close combats to take the building on turn 2. It wasn't good ASL, but it was crazy fast ASL, and Al accepted his change of fortune with grace. I can only hope to live up to that standard the next time I eat 3 sets of snakes in one half-turn. Total playing time was under an hour and a half.

mharviala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rob Arrieta's German / Romanian alliance held firm, embracing my Katyusha's and then some. My rockets did a fine job in opening a path in the center allowing good time to be made in the first turn, but then my mistakes allowed Rob to pummel the Russians. One Marder sitting up on level 2 nabbed both of my SU-122's due to me not watching LOS carefully, and in an inspired move of brilliance I blithely stumbled into the Romanian 76L with my SU-76's. The latter ended up costing me the game, as I lost two SU's and a full squad w/ 8-1 leader burnt to a crisp.

We forged ahead through the fires spreading rampant in the center of the board, to make it to the end game. I had two buildings (4 VP), and the one remaining SU and four squads in the victory area. Alas, my MC's failed one by one, until I was down to three units and one person in CC. My last hope was for Rob to roll boxcars in the melee allowing me to withdraw, but his 9-2 and three squads pulled out their knives and stabbed my poor 447 to oblivion. Rob takes it for the 'W'

A great game, against a great opponent!

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
VASLeague 2017 is coming to end.
Still waiting a couple of results to close everything.
More later!

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
updating and checking everything. sorry for the delay but I have almost done everything. There are a few changes and adjustments called by the players on the next roster for the various 2018 leagues so I would avoid errors

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
updating and checking everything. sorry for the delay but I have almost done everything. There are a few changes and adjustments called by the players on the next roster for the various 2018 leagues so I would avoid errors
btw next season I'm adding the option for NEW players to join the SLL after two rounds. Late subscribers can still join VASLeague starting in Round 3 (May ) and not have to wait the following January.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
TOP VASLeague Round 5 Results and the final table are in the attachment.
Andrea Pagni have won the TOP VASLeague for the second time. Sincere Congratulations.
He had a final 5-0 while no one else was able to make better than 4-1. After 10 years his name returns. He won the very first edition of VASLeague held in 2007 and now again. Andrea is also one of the first player to sign in VASLeague (his subscription number is 7, while we have had over 350 subscribers in the years) and have played in all seasons all games. Never a forfeit from his side an a very positive attitude toward opponents, ASL, VASL and the tournament. Well done Andrea.
Hammond, Perham, Lundy and Woznik leaves the TOP VASLeague, while Withaar and Fortenberry have been already cancelled.

Attachments

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In the European - Oceanian table Chris Hofland won the tournament.
Leonardo Conforti is the runner up. He chose to stay in the Regional League, so the third in the standings takes his place for promotion in the TOP League. He is Nathan Stapf.
Le Billan, Puzziello, Bal and Humpries leaves the league. They will restart from the Second Line League

In the US/Can East League Jim Taylor wins (again) the league. Silver medal to Chris Chapman. Possibly Ken Dunn will gain a pass to the TOP VASLeague if one of the players performing better decides to stays in the East League. Holst, Traver and Langer leave the league. They will restart from the Second Line League

in the US/Can West-Central League Craig Houliston wins the league. Silver medal to Larry Rohlfing and third place to Brian Routh.
Bob Kummeth and Steve Cummings leave the League. They will restart from the Second Line League.

Attachments

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
for the Second Line League I have still to wait the decision of a couple of players and then I will be able to make all counts. This is necessary to fill properly the empty spots in the Regional leagues with the new ranks coming from the SLL.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for running this again Enrico.
+1

VASL League has provided many great games for me over the years and the opportunity to meet players from across the country and around the world. Many thanks for all your hard work on it. These events don't just happen. Your tireless work is much appreciated.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
+1

Congrats to the winners and to all the opponents I had the pleasure to play.

Nice top win by the Italian Stallion - Andrea Pagni.

Rich[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Congratulations to all the winners. And special thanks to Enrico for organizing and running this.
I've made new (virtual) friends that I would not have met otherwise.

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
TOP VASLeague Round 5 Results and the final table are in the attachment.
Andrea Pagni have won the TOP VASLeague for the second time. Sincere Congratulations.
He had a final 5-0 while no one else was able to make better than 4-1. After 10 years his name returns. He won the very first edition of VASLeague held in 2007 and now again. Andrea is also one of the first player to sign in VASLeague (his subscription number is 7, while we have had over 350 subscribers in the years) and have played in all seasons all games. Never a forfeit from his side an a very positive attitude toward opponents, ASL, VASL and the tournament. Well done Andrea.
Hammond, Perham, Lundy and Woznik leaves the TOP VASLeague, while Withaar and Fortenberry have been already cancelled.
Hi Enrico

I belive you have mis-entered the result of my last game

Jon Cole (Germans) defeated Ed Beeckman in our Round 5 game of OB9 "Oriola Force"
It looks like you have incorrectly marked me down as a loss in my Round 5 game

I believe I finished 4-1, my best result in the top league.

Cheers
Jon

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi Enrico

I belive you have mis-entered the result of my last game

Jon Cole (Germans) defeated Ed Beeckman in our Round 5 game of OB9 "Oriola Force"
It looks like you have incorrectly marked me down as a loss in my Round 5 game

I believe I finished 4-1, my best result in the top league.

Cheers
Jon
Hi Jon and all
I have fixed the error. Now in the attachment above results and final table are correct.
Congrats for your excellent final score

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
site updated:
www.vasleague.org

there is a new thread about VASLeague 2018. All discussions can move there from now.
subscriptions for new players joining the Second Line League are open, while of course the other leagues are all complete and ready to start, barring last minute changes and adjustment.

The next season starts on the 1st January 2018

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
To complete the discussion about VASLeague 2017 here are the yearly statistics:

Season 2017 statistics

TOP VASLeague 74 games played, 2 forfeit on 76 games scheduled in total

European/Oceanian League 19 played, 7 forfeit on 26 scheduled

East US/Can League 30 played, 4 forfeit on 34 scheduled

West Central US/Can League 22 played, 0 forfeit on 22 scheduled