VASLeague 2017, general discussion

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Enrico, could change the result of my round 4 match. It should be ...

A victory for Ed Beekman’s French in J183 A Real Barn Burner

Because I conceded the game before the last DR (as I said in an earlier post).

And looking back at the last saved game file. The fact that the unit who rolled the game winning DFF was unmarked. I cannot 100% say that it did not fire earlier in the turn. Without that 100% knowledge, I cannot take a win from such a close game.

There is no shame in losing to a good player. My shame comes from not paying attention to the little things like LOS, Route destinations, when to use special ammo, WHO HAVE YET TO FIRE, did everyone advance and so much more.

Sorry for causing you more work
np
I think your sportmanship is legendary

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Still missing a couple of results in the TOP VASLeague and in the SLL. The other leagues, that have only four rounds, have time till the end of October to finish their games.

Later the update and the new pairings for TOP VASLeague and Second Line League

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
below there is the 5th and last round of the TOP VASLeague
still waiting one result to close the fourth round of the Second Line League

Note again that European/Oceanian League, US/CAN East League and US/CAN West-Central League, having only 4 rounds, will end together with the 5 rounds leagues, thus there is still time to finish their games

TOP VASLeague Round 5

PAGNI andrea vs CHAMBERLAND paul
DOMOVIC rich vs ROSSO vic
COLE jon vs BEEKMAN edward
WIERSMA brian vs CORRIGAN eoin
FEINSTEIN robert vs CLEAVIN aaron
NOGUEIRA carl vs LOPER robert
ROUNDHILL brian vs BOUDRENGHIEN françois
YOUNG kenneth vs WASSERMAN jeff
KLAUTKY mike vs CATANZARO enrico
CARIOLATO paolo vs MAZZEI chris
LAUGER paul vs HAMMOND charles
PERHAM dave vs KOESTLER alex
KILLEEN kevin vs LUNDY darryl
TINTURE laurent vs BAYS john
GARCIA SILVA pablo vs VOZNIC ryan

time until the 7 NOV
an email will follow

in the attachment you can find Round 4 results

Attachments

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Round 5 Second Line League

VICCA martin vs DYE charles
ISELLA stefano vs OLER robert
KING stewart vs BUSER jeff
HARVIALA mika vs ARRIETA rob
CHILDS bruce vs KOCK kris
LORENZEN bjoern vs DEISSLER tobias
CALTABIANO alessandro vs GOLDIN andrew
FARDETTE james vs KIRKPATRICK albert
RIMWALL magnus vs MASON pierce
MARTINI luca vs BEATON andy
TEWKSBURY chuck vs ALESSE roberto
TROUT chris vs DELAURA norman
MORO joe vs KEHRER jordan
DEMPSEY jack vs GARVIN david
BOCK john vs DRAGONETTI jay
GRIFFA alberto vs DUMMY player

time until the 7 NOV
an email will follow

in the attachment you can find Round 4 results

Attachments

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
site
www.vasleague.org updated with results of round 4 for TOP VASLeague and Second Line League

the other leagues have for their last (fourth) round four months, so they will end at the same time of the TOP and SLL

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
After I took some unnecessary risks that didn't pay out, my Russian defenders got thoroughly trampled by Björn's Elephants in FrF23 Elephants Unleashed. It was a pleasant game nonetheless. And that concludes my first year in the VASLeague!

Reactions: ecz

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Round 4 of the US/Canada-West/Central Division, MOTES Doyle (Australian-Attacker) vs ZINSELMEYER Robert (Vichy-Defender) played J184 - Dayan To Meet You and my Vichy troops barely held on to the last building to gain the victory. In a real nail biter of a scenario that came down to the last player turn and included one battle hardened and one berserker (charged to his own demise) Vichy MMC and an additional Australian hero created (two are already in the OB) along with a thrown DC in the next to last DFPh that did as much damage to the thrower as the defenders, Doyle was unable to get a MMC in position (thanks to some First Fire and the placed Residual) to possibly gain control of the last building and conceded after his final MPh.

Vichy MVP honors go to a green HS (deployed at the start) that broke a squad during First Fire (turn 2) blunting the Australian assault along my left. The next turn he KIA'd an oncoming squad as he tried to run along the road (2FP down 2 & got the '3'). Next up in Turn 4, an Australian squad (probably the one he broke in turn 2) advanced into CC with him, but the intrepid greenies held on and forced a Melee. This allowed a green squad to assault move, still under concealment (shrugging off D-fire) and then after that squad put down some Advancing Fire in a different location advanced into the Melee location and combined with the green HS to take out the Australian squad at 3:2 in the Vichy CCPh though the green HS finally succumbed and became a casualty in that same CC as the Australians went with the 2:1 against just the HS.

A very enjoyable scenario that I would be more than happy to play again as either side.
Cheers!! Bob

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rob Loper and I concluded our game of FrF58, Order 831. My Russians were, despite their better efforts, able to fulfill the victory conditions for the win. Rob and I have played many a fun game and God willing, will play many more.
Thanks for running the league as always Enrico.

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic and I completed our round by playing Raff's Rules in a single setting with my defending Germans pulling off a win against a very strong start for Rich's Americans

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Brian Wiersma and I (Eoin) played BoF12 Forging Spetsnaz, with my Soviet marines managing to overcome some tenacious and imaginative IJA resistance in a closely fought game, which took place here at ASLOK. Thanks to Brian for an enjoyable game.

Also, thanks Enrico, for the hard work this (and every) year. I'll be withdrawing from the VASL league for a couple of years, but hope to return down the road :)

Reactions: ecz

ChuckD

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Martin Vicca defeated Chuck Dye in FrF85 Junkers Junkyard in the second line league final. In a game that was going to the last straw until I was gunned down moving troops
I mistakenly thought had to be next to a runway hex. I apologize to Martin for misreading the victory conditions in what was going to be a tense and exciting ending.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mike Augustine's Hungarians/Germans beat Paul Schaeffer's Russians in RPT103 Nikolai's Star. Paul's OBA, 10-3 w/ .50 HMG, infantry horde and T-34s were really pressing the axis VC buildings, but an immobilized Panther (labeled "Dieter") decided to roll 4 snakes and a couple 3's. The result was 3 destroyed T-34s and a few less Russian squads. Paul is a good player, and if Dieter was not so accurate, the axis would have likely crumbled against his attack.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mike Augustine's Hungarians/Germans beat Paul Schaeffer's Russians in RPT103 Nikolai's Star. Paul's OBA, 10-3 w/ .50 HMG, infantry horde and T-34s were really pressing the axis VC buildings, but an immobilized Panther (labeled "Dieter") decided to roll 4 snakes and a couple 3's. The result was 3 destroyed T-34s and a few less Russian squads. Paul is a good player, and if Dieter was not so accurate, the axis would have likely crumbled against his attack.
It was a super-fun scenario, I needed to do a better combined arms attack and play an inept opponent. No such luck. Got close, but it wasn't really in doubt the last couple turns. Mike played it smooth and deserved the win.

KenYoung

ASLKWAD
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ken Young's Russians held on for a victory over Jeff Wasserman's Rumanians in FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray.

Jeff did a good job early taking factory locations and pushing back Russians. But when new Allied troops rolled in on turn four. The Axis had trouble passing a MC. This was problematic, because my IFT started to average around 6.5 (which was compounded by a turn 3 SAN that KIA his 8-1).

This was an enjoyable scenario, against a good opponent.
We both learned a few things and laughed through out the game.
I am looking forward to our next contest, as we already agreed to a rematch.

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ken Young's Russians held on for a victory over Jeff Wasserman's Rumanians in FrF89 Red Tears Shed on Gray.

Jeff did a good job early taking factory locations and pushing back Russians. But when new Allied troops rolled in on turn four. The Axis had trouble passing a MC. This was problematic, because my IFT started to average around 6.5 (which was compounded by a turn 3 SAN that KIA his 8-1).

This was an enjoyable scenario, against a good opponent.
We both learned a few things and laughed through out the game.
I am looking forward to our next contest, as we already agreed to a rematch.
more of a crushing defeat, but fun playing with ken anyways!

andrea pagni

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
My Americans were able to overcome the resistance offered by Paul chamberlain Germans in a game of ESG3 resistance at Paderborn. The battle turned good for the Americans when a M36 rolled a critical hit vs a Elephant, while the jagdtiger immobilized himself on Start Roll.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
TOP VASLeague Round 5
GARCIA SILVA pablo vs VOZNIC ryan
We played FrF52 Dying for Danzig. My hodpodge group of German defenders was able to fall back into a redoubt in the perimeter and avoid encirclement for the win. It did not help the Russian cause that Ryan's flame tanks lost their juice pretty early in the game. Good game and a great opponent!