VASLeague 2016, general discussion

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems more or less my same game. I suspect AP 110 is a little hard played as American against a seasoned German Player using this approach (polite euphemism to not say openly is an unbalanced dog). I'm unable to imagine a decent defensive setup avoiding the German to win in game turn 3 or even 2 (like I did). And if such a setup exists (note the Americans must be strong on both the far sides of the board) I suspect the German then have a paved road to win using the other set of VC (control of a building in the central area of the map) .
Paul put 2.5 squads on board 57 to delay any attack into the town. He also put three squads and a -1 leader on/near the left hill to delay a German attack over the hill. A 9-1 and two 666/MMGs covered my attack through the orchards as described above.

My thought was that a German attack into the village will not work as the Ami infantry turn two reinforcements and the four turn three Ami AFVs will get into town (probably with a fifth at start Ami AFV). The Panther will only eliminate one AFV per turn and the Amis will keep the village.

The attack over the Ami left hill is a problem as the Ami turn two infantry will line south edge of the stream with HS and squads, all concealed. The village Ami people can ascend to the 2nd level and pour fire into German infantry. The turn three AFVs can add additional firepower to stop the stream crossing. The Germans may survive and sneak a MMC across the stream, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

So, I agree with you, this scenario is a one play wonder.

Rich

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
and the fact AP 110 on roar is at this moment 7-9 for the Amis candidates this scenario for the list of the scenarios that mysteriously appear balanced on roar while they aren't

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robert Loper's British/Americans defeated Brian Roundhill's Germans in J167 Hart Attack. The scenario was a action packed, non-stop, rollercoaster thrill ride. At one point I gave my Brits a 10% chance of pulling out a victory. The dice gods blessed my American tankers and the armor battle went my way. Great scenario, great opponent!

Robert Loper

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it might actually be then since we have not heard anything including the get your games in notice

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
hi, sorry for the delay, all leagues ended, and Gary once again won the tournament at 13 points.
congrats to him,
Young, Cariolato, Domovic and myself share the second place with 12 points , but the tiebreaker gives the preference to Young

Tomorrow all final stats with relegations and promotions League by League

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
summary of VASLeague 2016

TOP League
Fortenberry wins 13 points, 4 wins and one draw.
Young, Cariolato, Domovic and Catanzaro share the second place, 12 points (all 4-1)
Le Billan, Holst, Fleming, Humpries, Houliston and Burnette are relegated to the Regional Leagues (all are 1-4) and have the worst winged Buholtz tiebreaker than anyone else also at 3 points
in detail Humpries, Fleming and Le Billan goes to the European Oceanian League, Holst goes to the East League, Burnette and Houliston go to the Central/West League
Brackin leaves the TOP VASLEague voluntarily

European/Oceanian League
Mazzei wins the European - Oceanian League, and is promoted in TOP VASLeague with Tinture (second place)
Biserni, Sauliere, Hyde and Palmer leave this League. They can restart from the Second Line League

US/Canada East League
Taylor wins (4-0), but he opted to stay in 2017 in the East League. Thus Bays at 10 points and Wiersma are promoted in the TOP VASLeague (Wiersma have a better buholtz than Killen and Wert).*
Callen and Givler leave the East League. They can restart from the Second Line League

US/Canada West-Central League
Perham wins having a better buholtz coefficent than Lundy (second), while Rohlfing and Knippel are 3rd and 4th
Eury and Bock leaves the League. They can restart from the Second Line League

Second Line League
Jas Bal wins
the best players of each regional zone replacing the relegated/cancelled players of the Regional leagues are
Jas, Bendazzi, Martinez and Vicca ( European/Oceanian League)
Chapman and Willow (US/Canadian East League)
Routh and Haasl (US/Canadian East League)

one more player must complete the rank of the TOPVASLeague to replace Brackin that quits. He's Killean from the US/CAN East League, that is the best not promoted player among all Leagues, since he has 9 points and the better buholtz.

the spot the Killean leaves, is taken by Schaeffer, who has been left out the door in last VASLeague for a mistake of your TD. his position has been frozen until today, when he rejoins VASLeague in the place he deserves. Sorry for the incovenience.

Thus in 2017 we still have 32 players in the TOP VASLeague, 16 players in each Regional League (but 12 in the West/Central for the known shortage of VASL players in that zone).
We also have a Second Line League that gathers all new players, and all players cancelled or relegated from the Regional Leagues

in the attachment there are the Round 5 results and the final tables of the TOP VASLeague and of the Second Line League.

* edited because I forgot once more that Bays should have 3 more points than it appears because in round 1 the game vs Traver has been mistakenly recorded as a loss

Attachments

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
now the site is updated
www.vasleague.org
there is time until the end of the month to join VASLeague 2017, all players not cancelled in 2016 are already automatically signed for 2017.

in a couple of days I'll create the starting roster of each League

all new players and/or all players re-joining go in the Second Line League. This new League in the first experimental year made its work providing
the replacements for the now thin Regional Leagues that are in fact much less tainted by the "forfeit plague"
we had in 2016 only 10 forfeits in the Regional Leagues. Just to figure in 2015 they were 34 and 45 in 2014.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
now the site is updated
www.vasleague.org
there is time until the end of the month to join VASLeague 2017, all players not cancelled in 2016 are already automatically signed for 2017.

in a couple of days I'll create the starting roster of each League

all new players and/or all players re-joining go in the Second Line League. This new League in the first experimental year made its work providing
the replacements for the now thin Regional Leagues that are in fact much less tainted by the "forfeit plague"
we had in 2016 only 10 forfeits in the Regional Leagues. Just to figure in 2015 they were 34 and 45 in 2014.
Thanks for all the work you do on this.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Enrico.

Much player movement this year.

Rich

Reactions: ecz