VASLeague 2014 General Discussion

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
Daniel Takai (Germans attacking) vs Peter Palmer (Norwegians defending) in DB107, "Stossgruppe Schlicter"
My Norwegians managed to eke out a win by denying Daniel's Germans room to exit enough VP. AS the game came down to the clutch, my dice warmed up and the channeling effect of the Exit VCs meant I was able to generate some decent FP on the exit routes Daniel had to take while his MC dice were going cold.

Daniel is a joy to play against, and is a rapid player. If anything it was my play which was slow in our game. But we managed to finish the game in one session, though it went to the last Movement Phase.

Pete

takai

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
My Norwegians managed to eke out a win
I would have enjoyed passing more than one MC over the last two turns :) Oh well, ASL is a dice game.

Or maybe this is an unbalanced dog by the Dispatches crew? Na, just kidding. Have a laugh please.

takai

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
But we managed to finish the game in one session, though it went to the last Movement Phase.
Lest I forget: A pleasure for me as well. Good fun! We should play another scenario, one of these days. Maybe PBEM?

Looking forward to the next round!

robarrieta

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen and I played J115-Last Push to Mozhaisk. I took the German attacker while Kevin took the Russians. I won on last CC although I came very near to busting through my CVP cap.

Cheers,
Rob Arrieta

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff Coyle's paratroopers will be defending a village against Vic Rosso's norweigien infantry in FRF61 Make way for the King

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff's paratroopers won, holding the village throughout the game. My guys just could not get up and stay up on the hill. Key shot near the end, an aggressive 5-4-8/LMG advanced into a foxhole next to my big stack, stood up to a 24+1, shot and then dealt out a crushing MC1 on my key 9-1/HMG stack (with the HMG never seeing rate). Congrats Jeff on a great defense and enjoyable game.

FanaticTW

World Famous in Maine
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary Trezza held on for the Japanese win in RPT75 Strike the Seventh; despite evil dice and the amazing Dice of Ted Wilcox's Indians

Blind Sniper

Diversamente magro...
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I will be playing Roberto in BFP82 Steamroller, I have the Germans in attack.
Good luck :)

Corwin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Martin Snow and I finished our playing of BFP 30 Melee Near the Coast last night. Came down to the last movement phase when I managed to pin Martins last Chinese trying to retake a building. We had an interesting situation late as as Sniper broke my guards and some prisoners broke loose in my rear but fortunately I was able to contain them. It was a good scenario and Martin was fun to play.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Chris Hofland and I (Eoin Corrigan) completed our play of FrF30 Bidermann's Escape last night. It was a tense and close affair, but Chris' Soviet position crumbled in Turn 5 largely due to the vagaries of the dice. A German victory for me, by the skin of my teeth!

Chris and I are regular casual opponents; we'll return to Guadalcanal and continue working through the Historical Study :)

grosbil

Reaction score
First name
Le Billan
Country
llFrance
European / Oceanian League :
Adam LUNNEY and I (LE BILLAN laurent) finished our game (G6 : Rocket's Red Glare) with me as the US and Adam as the german.
I won this game.
Adam had a very bad time when his masterpiece, a FlakPz (IFE 20) was recalled after been hit by my sniper in the 1rst turn (he never had a shot).
After this it was difficult and Adam continued with bad luck, making boxcars on important shots (HMG...)
But he never loose his nerve, congratulations !
Hope you will have more luck next turn Adam.

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ken Knott and Robert Loper finished FrF64 No Time to Bleed. Ken's Germans fell to Robert's Russian horde. It was an exciting scenario with lots of armored combat. A great scenario which I would highly recommend. Also, Ken is a great guy and a good sport.

Rob

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
European / Oceanian League :
Adam LUNNEY and I (LE BILLAN laurent) finished our game (G6 : Rocket's Red Glare) with me as the US and Adam as the german.
I won this game.
Adam had a very bad time when his masterpiece, a FlakPz (IFE 20) was recalled after been hit by my sniper in the 1rst turn (he never had a shot).
After this it was difficult and Adam continued with bad luck, making boxcars on important shots (HMG...)
But he never loose his nerve, congratulations !
Hope you will have more luck next turn Adam.
I can only agree with Laurent here, but after playing ASL for so long (21 years now) you can only go on and laugh. Laurent played a steady and thoughtful game and we continued the end was clear. What else can you do?

ivankent

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Soviet defence in FrF64 "No Time To Bleed" was too strong for my German assault force. Chris Mazzei won with excellent play as the Russians.

Thanks Chris, great game.

Ivan

rcarter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick Carter's Russians defeated Pierce Mason's Germans in a small part of Stalingrad in DB108 "Anchoring the Line". We had a lot of back and forth in these close quarters but a well aimed hmg shot got his reinforcements and a heroic leader was able to force him away from retaking VP locations. Thanks for the game Pierce.

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jeff Wasserman Canadians defeated Stefano Isella's Italians in Sting of the Italian Hornet. It was a tough fight won on the last Canadian player turn, using luck and the fact the Italians did not seem to pass any moral checks.