VASL6.6.0 is officially released

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually things are pretty good in 6.6.0 from my game tonight with the exception of moving stacks, partial or even single counters some times. Not really sure I can specify exactly at this point, but it was pretty bad. Opponent was on 6.5.x which may contribute to some of the zany stack/movement behavior.

LOS was good, things looked great, DR/dr worked well, server was fantastic and our connection stayed solid for the whole two hours. Lots of good in this I suspect, but a few quirks to iron out.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I have been observing an odd bug in 6.6.0. It's not very serious, but it's happened to me on several occasions now. Sometimes (not every time, or even most of the time) if I move a stack of counters, when I put the stack into its new location, it "flattens". It no longer looks like a stack, it looks like a single counter (the counter that was on top of the stack). The other counters beneath that one become completely invisible. I can retrieve them by moving the top counter, which then reveals the next counter underneath. Moving that counter then reveals the one that was under that, and so on. Putting all of the counters back into a stack then works correctly and normally.

Note that when the stack "flattens" it's no longer possible to move the entire stack without separating and recombining it as above.

As I say, not serious (because it's easy to fix and continue with the game) but annoying nonetheless.

Ralph Malf

***** Veteran
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Problem: The bottom two counters change stack position when I select them and then move them together or as part of a larger stack.
When I use the "Shift-Left Click" keystroke to select a squad and it's possessed SW out of a stack the SW ends up under the squad when I move them.
It only happens to the BOTTOM TWO UNITS in a larger stack. It does NOT happen when I simply click on the top of a stack to move the stack.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks much for your efforts on this.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
OK, found a new bug this weekend. Persistent, not difficult to "fix" during play but since it keeps occurring, very annoying!

Situation: a squad declares double-time so it is marked with a CX counter. Move the stack to a new hex, and about 50% of the time, the following occurs: the CX counter repositions itself under the MMC. Even better (and weirder): the opponent immediately loses visibility of the stack (as if it's HIP). The owner of the stack can still see it correctly and can confirm that the stack is not HIP, but opponent still can't see it. To resolve, put the CX counter back on top, move the stack somewhere else and then return it to the original location, where the opponent can now see it.

To put it mildly, this bug combined with the previously-reported stack-flattening bug is making playing the game a trifle wearing. Do we have any idea as to what might be going on here (and hence, an imminent fix)?