VASL6.6.0-beta1 is released

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have enjoyed using the beta release, with which I have had zero problems, even against opponents with other versions running.

However, we can't seem to figure out how to have two players on the same side be able to see each other's concealed counters. We tried making our passwords the same, but no dice. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Jeff

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Have enjoyed using the beta release, with which I have had zero problems, even against opponents with other versions running.

However, we can't seem to figure out how to have two players on the same side be able to see each other's concealed counters. We tried making our passwords the same, but no dice. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Jeff
In a word, no. As far as I know this is THE way. Without casting aspersions, I strongly suspect your passwords are not quite as same as you think they are. I play a team CG every week and both players on each side can see under all their counters. We are all playing on 6.5.1 and I have not tried it on 6.6.0-beta but nothing has changed that should effect this. As I think about that, we have made sure we are all of the same version. I would certainly try with everyone on 6.6.0-beta. If that doesn't help, triple check the passwords.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
When will VASL 6.6.0 be released
Very shortly. I was planning on holding off until later in the Fall but there is a change I want to get out sooner, so she's coming out now! Couple of days.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We released VASSAL 3.4.2 just now. What's left for getting VASL 6.6.0 released?
Final testing: dragging a counter from the counter palette for the first time in a game produces the following warning messages:

This is just a warning notice so we could release with it. Is there a VASL code fix that we can implement?