The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
G'day, Gents,

Late in today's game I lost connection. I tried to reboot VASSAL but got a message saying my version of VASSAL was no longer compatible (3.2.17). I reinstalled 3.2.17 but now all my VASL game seems to have vanished. The download is there (6.5.0) but that's it.

I get a message asking me to download a 'module' from VASSAL but it is already there.

What's the bug (If any) and how do I fix it to get my games back?

(Not all that tech savvy so don't ask me to be IT :p )

Last edited:

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
if you were playing online and had not saved the game, it is gone. If you had saved it during play, it will be in your saved games folder and will restart at the point you saved it. Any play after that is lost. All check with your opponent, he could email you a copy of the game if he saved it.

I assume that your combination of VASL6.5.0 and VASSAL3.2.17 is still working after the reinstall?

As I reread your message, make sure when you try to open a game with 6.5.0 that it is looking in the folder where you normally save your games. It might not be, as a result of your reinstallation of vassal.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Good evening, Doug,

Thanks for the help.

I've got both VASSAL and VASL (and a few others) working again. I also figured out the pw issue I had and I can see my counters again (under the ? markers).

My issue now is as follows.

Previous all the other 'windows' were separate, ie: VASL Control was a separate window from the map, the map was a separate window from the 'server' list of games, the VASL Counter window, etc. Now they are all one 'window'

Not sure which preference will shake these loose into the usual 4-5 windows I have open for a regular game (need to be able to ALT-TAB" through the windows as my screen is a bit small).

Cheers.

Edit: Ah!! Found the solution is Neal's VASL videos. All is as it should be.

Last edited: