VASL update problem

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope this is the right place for this:

Everytime I go to the vasl.org site to get the latest version it will never download. All I get when I click on the link to get VASL5 is "Java Loading" and then nothing. I was able as usual to get the latest version of VASSAL (2.0.4 I think)...but still no luck on VASL. Any suggestions? Or is somebody willing to email me the VASL 5 .mod file? I don't care about Web Start...although the shortcuts are nice...but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
JimWhite said:
I hope this is the right place for this:

Everytime I go to the vasl.org site to get the latest version it will never download. All I get when I click on the link to get VASL5 is "Java Loading" and then nothing. I was able as usual to get the latest version of VASSAL (2.0.4 I think)...but still no luck on VASL. Any suggestions? Or is somebody willing to email me the VASL 5 .mod file? I don't care about Web Start...although the shortcuts are nice...but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
What kind of firewall are you behind?

I get that behavior when I try to load at work but have no problem at home.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was thinking that may be a problem. I have a hardware firewall for the whole home network...plus Norton software stuff on each machine. My main machine doesn't let me download. But I tried another machine this morning and it worked fine. I'll look into it later today.