VASL suggestion: Show in log when un-HIP'ing fortified counters

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hi VASL elves

In a recent PbEM game I revealed a HIP "fortified location" counter and noticed that it did not show in the log being created (which is important to us email guys). So my opponent can't be sure if I just dragged it from the counter menu or if it was actually HIP. Off course it's a game of TRUST, but it could be nice to have this counter and other HIP counters show in log when un-HIP'ed.

Thanks for your efforts, - VASL PbEM is a great tool for outmaneuvering pre-school children and other objects trying to interfere with my favourite game...

Thanks so much in advance
Martin,Denmark

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
When it comes to hip it is always a matter of trust. What is to stop you from hiping 8 PB and only revealing the one in the most advantageous position?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
IIRC this has been changed deliberately to be this way. Because it is a game in which you should trust your opponent.

If your opponent has doubts, send im a series of password-secured files specifying your HIP stuff and send the PW for the appropriate type of file to 'prove' your HIP unit.

von Marwitz

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Hi VASL elves

In a recent PbEM game I revealed a HIP "fortified location" counter and noticed that it did not show in the log being created (which is important to us email guys). So my opponent can't be sure if I just dragged it from the counter menu or if it was actually HIP.
Some extra logging bits would be nice but if your opponent does drag a pillbox from the tray to the game board, it should currently be logging something like:

* 1+3+5 Pillbox ca3 created in J1 *

Whereas a revealed pillbox just appears. So it can be knowable if you pulled a counter from the tray.

That is to say, if you have "Auto-report moves?" preference checked on you should get that text in the log window.

Tossed into the repo an issue for you in case anyone is working in that area of the code. https://github.com/vasl-developers/vasl/issues/501