Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
It does not have all combinations but ones most commonly used (IMO). Keep the list to one side in a minimal window and VASL open to the other side. Pick some counters, spread them out over a board and practice using the shortcuts, speaking aloud what shortcut you are using. After a couple of weeks of practice, use of the key combinations start to become second nature, like riding a bike. Once you learn how to do it you never forget.

Attachments

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Or use the mouse. Just saying. . .

Having the option to do one or the other is one of the best parts of vasl

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or use the mouse. Just saying. . .

Having the option to do one or the other is one of the best parts of vasl
Unless I just don't know the key combination, one thing I would like to see added, is the ability to press a key and move the counter selection from one stack to another, across the board. Just like pressing tab when filling in a form on the internet.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Dear all, I have just being told about the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+l to link the acquisition counter to the firer. I saw the latest version of VASL 6.6.5 has this function. However, my question is: is there an updated pdf with all shortcuts of VASL? Thanks

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dear all, I have just being told about the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+l to link the acquisition counter to the firer. I saw the latest version of VASL 6.6.5 has this function. However, my question is: is there an updated pdf with all shortcuts of VASL? Thanks
Yes, in VASL click Help-> Hotkey Listing.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Is it possible for a user to remap the shortcuts?

I have a gaming keyboard and it would be very convenient if I could use the extra keys

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Is it possible for a user to remap the shortcuts?

I have a gaming keyboard and it would be very convenient if I could use the extra keys
I have come back to this a couple of times in my head . . . AFAIK there is no way to do this. Maybe there is but I don't know what it would be.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Depending on the keyboard, can't you just macro the existing popular shortcuts to the G keys.