VASL Setup File for ASL 203 Hard Rok?

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone created a setup file for this scenario yet? I'm having a bit of trouble getting the boards to align/crop properly using VASL 6.4.4.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
What problem are you experiencing? I added a row, put board 10 on top and board 23 on the bottom, flipped both, and truncated 10 to r-ff & 23 to b-p. Tree hexes are cut in half, but that is to be expected. This is with vasl 6.7.4 & vassal 3.2.17.

JR

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the issue was I was adding one board at a time and trying to crop them rather than adding them both and cropping them together. It wouldn't allow me to crop the second board after the first was done.

Thanks for the help.
Dave

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I think the issue was I was adding one board at a time and trying to crop them rather than adding them both and cropping them together. It wouldn't allow me to crop the second board after the first was done.
In an attempt to duplicate what you did I started a new game, added board 10, flipped it, cropped it to r-ff & clicked "done." I then added a new row, selected board 23, flipped it, cropped it to b-p (remembering to select board 23 in the drop-down) and clicked "done." I did not have any issues. The result was the same as adding both boards at once. Is there something that you did differently?

JR

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, I see what I did now. For some reason, seeing that the boards were mis-aligned, I added a column and a row and put the NUL board in the top left position. It's been a while since I've setup a board like this (AP22 Ghost Riders maybe) so I was thinking the NUL board was needed. With that board in that position, and then 10 at top right and 23 at bottom right, I can crop 10 but not 23.

Dave

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
At first I thought you needed a nul board, but after trying that and not being able to get what I wanted, I realized you didn't need the nul. Glad you sorted it out too.

JR