VASL Servers

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is 8:50pm EST and I have not been able to connect to either the VASL 3 or the VASL 4 servers.

Anyone know if this is the true status of these sites? or is it my system that has gone belly-up?

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vasl Server

Scotty, give me all you got in the vasl engine!!!

Aye, captain, I'm givin' her all I've got...I don't think she'll hold much longer!

In other news...have any other mac users noticed that the latest vassal version doesn't allow counters to be placed on board from the vasl counter panel?

Roger, Roger,
What's your Vector
Victor

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Victor, yep I've noticed this too, and have e-mailed Rodney Kinney about it so he knows as well. I assume you're using OS X too, not sure if it happens in OS 9.x.

I've found that if you drag a counter from the counter window to the map window, release the mouse button then immediately click on the same hex in the map window, the counter you want will usually appear. Inconvenient, but at least it allows play of the game on VASL. I've also started keeping a "pile" of info counters on the edge of the playing area to have immediate access to, sort of like in non-virtual ASL. Just drag one (eg) Prep Fire counter out, then clone it a bunch of times.

VASL 4 sure looks magnificent with the aqua interface though. :)

Pete

Ken Hampel

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't have the, can't place counters from VASL counter panel, problem with MacOS 9.2.
Ken

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like I got the worst of all possible situations. I've got os9.0 and I can't even do your trick Pete. :(
No vasl for me until it's fixed by RK or.....
...time to get a new computer....

Roger, Roger
What's you vector
Victor

klsmith

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I downloaded the newest VASL version a couple of days ago, and I just tested it to see about dragging counters on the map, and mine works fine.

I'm at OS 9.1

perhaps that's the magic version (but it doesn't do LOS check-apparently that's an OSX thing)

good luck

Ken