VASL Representation: Tunnels

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I haven't played with tunnels before, but aren't they just recorded on paper anyway? ie. HIP I didn't know there was a special counter that's used.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right now I am using VASL to record a setup for a game to be played FTF.

I wanted to then printout the setup (since I would be playing 3 hours from where I livbe - and wanted to use the printout for the locationo f my "HIP" locations for verification

Maybe I can find a blank counter to put a label on or something

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
USWI001 said:
Maybe I can find a blank counter to put a label on or something
That's a good idea. There are blank counters in every nationalities Gun listings, right down the bottom of the list. If the tunnel has just an entrance and an exit, I guess you could label both blank Counters "A" and set them up onboard for printing purposes then.

da priest

Reaction score
Reepicheep said:
That's a good idea. There are blank counters in every nationalities Gun listings, right down the bottom of the list. If the tunnel has just an entrance and an exit, I guess you could label both blank Counters "A" and set them up onboard for printing purposes then.
Could be a problem here, the blank counter would wander off with any moving guys during PBEM games, better is the blank VP location marker, it just sticks around.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Not sure if that is the one you are using but the Perimeter overlay is great for marking any hex. I believe it supports labels as well. If not, just drop a label overlay inside it.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
da priest said:
Could be a problem here, the blank counter would wander off with any moving guys during PBEM games, better is the blank VP location marker, it just sticks around.
The question though related to a face-to-face game, just using VASL to print off a setup map. So not an issue here. But I take your point about blank VP location markers being good too.

zgrose said:
Not sure if that is the one you are using but the Perimeter overlay is great for marking any hex. I believe it supports labels as well. If not, just drop a label overlay inside it.
Can you HIP a Perimeter overlay though? Or any overlay, mind you?

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where do you find the VP victory point markers you have talked about?

Where do you get the perimiter overlays.

I do not see either of these on the VASL website
:cheeky:

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The overlays are found in the Overlays window, a popup window. It's the green hex shaped button two buttons to the right of the dicebot buttons.

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
The overlays are found in the Overlays window, a popup window. It's the green hex shaped button two buttons to the right of the dicebot buttons.
But is that not an extension that has to be there?

Keith

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK - I found the perimiter "overlay" (along withj a wealth of ther stuff I had no idea was there)

But I cannot use the perimiter overlay because youcannot attach a label to it

But ther perimiter (hex outline) along with a user label would really work just fine if I could only fiugure out how to change the text of that label control :devil:

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK - aftter some experimenting I found out (with a shift - right click) that you can add a label to the perimiter control

WHEW !!

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
Can you HIP a Perimeter overlay though? Or any overlay, mind you?
Some, but not all, of those overlays are HIP-able. Perimeter is HIP-able.