VASL Para Drop/Glider League 2017-2018 in progress

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool, thanks. Have it saved in the League. Thanks for telling me you had ROAR squared up.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have one game left and as it is imminently to be completed, I extended our deadline through the weekend. Thanks guys, next round posting soon.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
James Taylor's Germans squeezed out a win over Stefan Knippel's Kiwis in Tac 01 Dropping Off at Maleme. The result is recorded in the league and within 5 minutes or so, on ROAR. Match-ups
to be posted for the next round soon.
Thanks.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, your round two matchups. An email will also be going out.
Thanks,
Carl
Matchups for Round Two

07/03/2017-09/30/2017

1-0 Bracket

James Taylor vs Ed Barnes

Randy Rossi vs Larry Flaherty

Peter-James Palmer vs Paul Logger

Paul Schaeffer vs Nate Stapf

0-1 Bracket

John Knowles vs Kevin Killeen

Will Willow vs Steffen Knippel

Randy Strader vs Mike Augustine

Carl Nogueira (filling in) vs Pierce Mason

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Afternoon Gents

Carl and I will be playing OM-3 "Hill 107" from HOB's Operation Merkur.
I will defend with the Allies.
Cheers!
Pierce

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pierce, did you see my email? Gliders don't predesignate their ILH pregame. They just place the Glider in movement phase on the ILH during movement and pray it is still there when it is time to land (E8.2). So you can set up. Also, I sent you the extension so you can play with the right VASL pieces. ;-)

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Working on a setup .. and got the extension
Aloha!
Pierce

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi Carl,

Kevin and I have agreed to play ASL-036 "Rachi Ridge". I get the enter-by-airdrop Germans, Kevin gets the counterattacking British. We should get started this Monday....

John.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello Carl. Will Willow and I have begun ESG82 "Last of its Kind" with my Allies dropping in on his Germans during Operation Varsity.

Lots of moving parts in this one!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Carl. Will Willow and I have begun ESG82 "Last of its Kind" with my Allies dropping in on his Germans during Operation Varsity.

Yeah, was just looking over the card. That is interesting. That may be the first time this one has been chosen in the League. Only one playing on ROAR, so as of right now, it is perfectly balanced. ;-)

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, was just looking over the card. That is interesting. That may be the first time this one has been chosen in the League. Only one playing on ROAR, so as of right now, it is perfectly balanced. ;-)
That one ROAR reporting was that of my friend Pat and I. My Scenarios Played journal simply says, "Germans win in final 1/2 turn after self-rallying 8-1/4-6-7 on board 44. Air Drop, AFV/Guns by glider, Air Support, lots of AA assets. VERY FUN!"

Upon your completion, I would be very interested in even the briefest blurb as to what you and your opponent thought of it. I know Air Drop/glider scenarios can occasionally be dicey, but I recall the fun factor being through the roof; a lot of neat Chapter E stuff going on!

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Keven and I got 4 turns done of ASL-036 "Rachi Ridge" (so all squads are on the board).

My Germans in the end made a pretty decent drop. Everything is onboard and recovered, with no Landing, Booby Trap, or Sniper casualties (2 Sniper 1 results broke MMCs, who soon after rallied).

ASL-036-Ger-05-RPh-jpeg.jpg

Kevin is advancing cautiously....

John.

Last edited:

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
8 Turns done in ASL-036 "Rachi Ridge".

ASL-036-Ger-09-RPh-jpeg.jpg

3 turns to go (British balance in effect), no more Booby Traps, but the SAN 7 looms large (an 8-1 leader was recently downed). Board 25 is a demanding board to play on, some tricky LOS calculations at times.

John.