VASL overlay issue

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
To whom it may concern,

I tried the spreadsheet listed in post 1 of the VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form which links to here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tdo77NGkfT04rGbM_ZASzqw&output=html

...but it said the file does not exist. So I am posting this here.

In the overlay extensions if I rotate overlay h3 numbers 1 & 2 seem to change position (I think it reverses them). See the pics below. I was setting the boards up for AP160, so I just typed the overlay locations in (the old way) instead of dragging and dropping overlays and it looks OK now as far as I can tell.

I haven't noticed this with any other overlays (haven't been looking though). Just thought I should let others know.

John1742617427

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for your report. I just tried to duplicate the issue and failed...i.e. it rotated correctly.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
@John Fedoriw you may want to confirm your extension version number. It should be in the chat window for easy reference (e.g. - Extension VASLOverlays_v2.04 v2.04 loaded)

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks gents.

Big Al - that's strange. Must be some kind of version mismatch like Zoltan says.

FWIW its probably on my end.

I have VASL 6.6.1 & VASSAL 3.5.3. I have 2 overlay buttons and when I load VASL I get:

• Extension VASLOverlays v1.01 loaded
  • Extension VASLOverlays_v2.0 v2.0 loaded
  • Extension Id for VASLOverlays_v2.0.vmdx (8a1) conflicts with previously loaded extension C:\Program Files\VASSAL-3.2.17\VASL\Extensions\VASLOverlays.zip
I will move v1.01 and VASLOverlays.zip and see if that fixes it.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Thanks gents.

Big Al - that's strange. Must be some kind of version mismatch like Zoltan says.

I have VASL 6.6.1 & VASSAL 3.5.3. I have 2 overlay buttons and when I load VASL I get:

• Extension Id for VASLOverlays_v2.0.vmdx (8a1) conflicts with previously loaded extension C:\Program Files\VASSAL-3.2.17\VASL\Extensions\VASLOverlays.zip
OBTW, what became of "Overlays Classic"? One day I had them and the next day I did NOT have them, and I am concerned, not to mention pissed off.

The great thing about the old overlays is your could make them change with the seasons. Also, they would NOT stick out over the board edge unless i wanted them to.

Could somebody PLEASE tell me how I get them back?????

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That didn't fix my issue - oh well I can work around it for now.

Lafajita when I place overlays the old way by typing the overlay locations in when selecting boards (see below) I can adjust for snow. If I drag and drop instead I cannot. If you can still install overlays whilst selecting boards you may be OK.17437

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Thanks gents.

You should grab v2.04 from vasl.info so that you have all the bug fixes (and obviously delete all the old versions):

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OBTW, what became of "Overlays Classic"? One day I had them and the next day I did NOT have them, and I am concerned, not to mention pissed off.

The great thing about the old overlays is your could make them change with the seasons. Also, they would NOT stick out over the board edge unless i wanted them to.

Nothing has changed with Overlays classic. Don't know why you lost 'em but it wasn't because of the guys that work so hard to keep VASSAL and VASL up and running.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

You can still place the 'classic' Overlays in the old 'classic' way - not by drag&drop but by specifiying the coordinates. If you use the 'classic' way to place overlays, then the 'seasons' will change and Ground Snow will fall on them.

Due to the shortcomings with regard to seasons and EC, I have never used the draggable version(s) of overlays.

von Marwitz

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately, not on my 'puter. I'm looking at the way I've set my VASL up. Something changed, and I need to find what that was.