VASL Overlay FT7 - how to use ?

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi all,

Am having problems getting the overlay FT7 (that came with LFT #13) to work. I have the overlay, but I can't seem to get the right coordinates to make it work properly (or indeed at all).

Any helpful remedies/suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

John Knowles.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The overlay is named "FT07" (that's a zero, not an oh) not "FT7". It only has one orientation and takes only one coordinate, not two. To have it align correctly with a board, it has to be on an even column (B, D, F, ...) in row 2. I successfully installed it on map 4 in coordinate B2.

The issue is hard to figure out. The "add overlay" dialog puts up the message, "Illegal orientation 'a' for overlay ft7" (or whatever orientation you chose), but what it means is "overlay ft7 not found."

JR

Last edited:

buser333

Reaction score
The overlay is named "FT07" (that's a zero, not an oh) not "FT7". It only has one orientation and takes only one coordinate, not two. To have it align correctly with a board, it has to be on an even column (B, D, F, ...) in row 2. I successfully installed it on map 4 in coordinate B2.

The issue is hard to figure out. The "add overlay" dialog puts up the message, "Illegal orientation 'a' for overlay ft7" (or whatever orientation you chose), but what it means is "overlay ft7 not found."

JR
Thanks for this bit of advice, JR. No way I would have figured this out otherwise.