BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This thread serves as the reference point for all things regarding the VASL Overlay Extension.

Update Jan 2022: v2.10 has gone active.

Version 2.10 adds DASL overlays dx10-21.

You can get it here:

(The link above says scenarios but it takes you to the right place.)

Also, be sure to check out the HTML placeholder instructions in the help file. I think this feature is pretty cool. It shows you how to add a border around your Singling map but there's no limit to what you can do with it. It's another way to import html content into your game.

Please post corrections/requests/whatever to this topic or email me.

Enjoy your games!

Allan

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

Jut wanted to see if the overlay for the new map was here.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check top post for update...

Allan

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Updated to v2.02. Get it from the downloads page:

http://vasl.info/extensions.htm

To expand on the update notes: the addition of a SSO location within the extension will allow me to respond more quickly and efficiently to user requests. I get many user requests for SSOs that were not available previously.

For example, I recently updated the bd25 SSO for A23 Contest in the Clouds. Making it available in the Overlay Extension was a quick way to get it to the hands of the guys playing this unique scenario.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Interesting ... I've been playing HG15 "King Darges" and we were finding that the overlay BFP C1 (in the Bounding Fire section) seemed to have some sort of adverse effect on the LOS string. No matter how hard we tried we couldn't get the LOS string to actually hit the centre dot in any of the hexes, it was always off by a small amount which meant on some close LOS we were just taking a "best guess".

Doing the same LOS checks using the new version of the extension the strings seem to be centring just fine. Cool!

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
This was the exact same problem when the RO map was increased to 120% due to in part to my request but after while
it just went away. So glad its fixed as it was real frustrating !

The RO 120 is a real Godsend btw

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Updated to v2.02. Get it from the downloads page:

http://vasl.info/extensions.htm

To expand on the update notes: the addition of a SSO location within the extension will allow me to respond more quickly and efficiently to user requests. I get many user requests for SSOs that were not available previously.

For example, I recently updated the bd25 SSO for A23 Contest in the Clouds. Making it available in the Overlay Extension was a quick way to get it to the hands of the guys playing this unique scenario.
Big shout out to Al here.

Asked a question about the escarpment overlay because I was getting ready to play A23. Traded some emails and Al had something in action in about a week. Didn't have to do that but he did.

Nice job he did too, right down to foot bridges, tracks and a nice clear representation of inherent terrain woods. Highly recommend the scenario, its definitely something different.

Al is the link to something different than what I have and do I need to update to this finalized version?

I'll repeat here something that could go into the drag overlays in the wall hedge tab would be cliffs.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The link takes you to v2.02 of the Overlay extension. If you have that, you’re good to go for playing A23.

Thanks for the shout out ?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The link takes you to v2.02 of the Overlay extension. If you have that, you’re good to go for playing A23.

Thanks for the shout out ?
is there a way to check which version of the overlay extension I have installed?

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

This was a request a while ago for a bigger RO map which looked dandy. Unfortunately the laptop that I had the 120% overlays
had a a hardware failure. So this is UNLIKELY to be on any mdx etc. So was a request to send me the 120% overlays for RO.

to; ef2020@outlook.com

Am about to use so this is like an early Xmas. In fact I wish everyone an early Xmas one way or another..

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check top post for update to v2.04...

wlk

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Seems v2.04 is not available on vasl.info (only 2.03 there).
Anyone can post it again ?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems v2.04 is not available on vasl.info (only 2.03 there).
Anyone can post it again ?
Not sure why the site reverted to v2.03. I’ll get this fixed in a couple of weeks. Probably operator error on my part. I recall the only difference was the addition of a SSO or two.

Here’s a temp link to v2.04

wlk

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Not sure why the site reverted to v2.03. I’ll get this fixed in a couple of weeks. Probably operator error on my part. I recall the only difference was the addition of a SSO or two.
Thanks !
Needed that update for the RW1 overlay for SK4EP2.