VASL Module for DZ: St. Mere-Eglise?

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there one available?

If not, are there images of the maps somewhere? PJ Norton and I are going to play this, but he needs to see the maps ahead of time to plan his German objective hexes. I have the module and we're playing at my home. His has not arrived yet and we're looking for a solution to this.

Last edited:

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
There are the B&W images on the various pages you can scan/take-a-picture of an send.
There are also map images here:

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks.

I thought of using the scans of the BW planning maps. They don't scan too well and is very hard to read the hex numbers. Same with the BGG images. I guess he could use the BGG images, and I can give him some hex number references.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Is there one available?

If not, are there images of the maps somewhere? PJ Norton and I are going to play this, but he needs to see the maps ahead of time to plan his German objective hexes. I have the module and we're playing at my home. His has not arrived yet and we're looking for a solution to this.
Yep, waiting on VASL for Sainte Mere-Eglise plus boards #77, 89 + 90, which we got in the Journal #13 and WO Bonus Pack #14. I would love to play them but need VASL to do so against my on-line opponents. I only play with my physical components in ftf matches, those have been few and far between since the pandemic hit. I know they must be busy, just hope I can play these soon, Thanks, Vic.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AFAIK no, but if someone was willing to send me a photo, I could crank one out relatively quickly. Good even lighting helps, and putting the thing on a nice flat surface. DM me if anyone wants.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
AFAIK no, but if someone was willing to send me a photo, I could crank one out relatively quickly. Good even lighting helps, and putting the thing on a nice flat surface. DM me if anyone wants.
I'll get photos to you in the next hour. Thanks!

EDIT: Sent you a DM with links for the images.

Last edited:

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
There is a VASL map around. I chatted to a guy that had it . It was produced for PT so I'm guessing they're just waiting to release it.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a VASL map around. I chatted to a guy that had it . It was produced for PT so I'm guessing they're just waiting to release it.
I was wondering this. Surely a VASL map has probably existed for quite some time.

Anxiously waiting....

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Playtest maps often do not have all of the VASL bells and whistles.
I know that mine do not as I do not want the mapmaker to waste time on a map that may require a lot of changes.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I started another thread then realized this was already here. Does anyone know if the counters are being added to the 6.6.6 version? 537 Sturm MMC, Cows, and double Roadblocks.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I started another thread then realized this was already here. Does anyone know if the counters are being added to the 6.6.6 version? 537 Sturm MMC, Cows, and double Roadblocks.
No they are not part of 6.6.6 at this point.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will work the Cows today. If you want I can add to a beta version of the module.
24767 24768 24769

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't know what the total counter count would be for SME? If it is more than 10, I would prefer it to be done as an extension at first. But it's up to you. If you want to add the right into VASL, I will send you a dropbox link to the final build version, which is just about ready. I have made changes since the last beta. Please don't use it. Either an extension or the 6.6.6 build.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As far as I can tell, there are just the 3 new counters - the new Sturm MMC, the double Roadblock and the Cows. I do not want to delay your plans for release, so I will make an extension first so players can move forward with DZ:SME once the maps are made. We could then incorporate the extension in the next mod.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As far as I can tell, there are just the 3 new counters - the new Sturm MMC, the double Roadblock and the Cows. I do not want to delay your plans for release, so I will make an extension first so players can move forward with DZ:SME once the maps are made. We could then incorporate the extension in the next mod.
See my email. We have time. Release of 6.6.6 is in early April.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Current counters from the DZ:SME module that I have. Anyone with the module see anything I missed? Everything else seems to be extras of already published counters.
Basically 4 new VASL counters:
  1. 537/237 Sturm Squad
  2. Double roadblock
  3. Cows/Dead Cows
  4. Control marker ->cycles through AA-Luftlande-Georgian symbols.

Last edited: