Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Last edited:

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
In FT 220 "Alsatian Verdun", SSR 1 changes grain to vineyard (treated as brush) but applying Ground Snow as well removes the vineyard

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another 'spec' setup - no particular hurry on this.

AP121 Along the Vistula:
Gullies & streams do not exist (this option exists for board 22, but not 20 and 49—I'll also note that this should probably be a standard option for gullies and streams, I've seen it elsewhere)
No marshes - There's a board 79 option to remove the marsh and river, but not just marsh. There's a transformation option for marsh to various things, but it's not working for boar 79.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setting up 245/J90 "The Time of Humiliations" - this is for a scenario I'm playing:

Overlay 1: needs option to remove roads without turning orchards to palm trees (i.e., other than the PTO switch)
Overlay 3: needs option to remove roads without expanding brush (LOS difference unlikely, but possible) - Also (more important) needs irrigated paddies

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Big, simple one: allow CXing dummy counters.

As it is, it's a dead give away when you create a cx counter elsewhere and put it on the dummy.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

As it is, it's a dead give away when you create a cx counter elsewhere and put it on the dummy.
I often drag a CX marker onto a real unit; depends if my hand is on the mouse or on the keyboard.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

Hip a meaningless counter on the bottom. CX that. Being HIP, it won't hurt the stack size and influence your enemy. -- jim

@RandyT0001

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Cain't get overlays on the map. Tells me it can't find them in the board file where they've been extracted.
I presume you're using the extension-less method to apply overlays?
Check that your overlay files are in the folder under your boards folder call overlays.
e.g. VASL/boards/overlays/...

And make sure nothing got unzipped.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just like one doesn't unzip bd50 (but you may have to remove the .zip extension if your browser put it on by accident) you don't unzip the ovrX file either.
Got it to work: my board file somehow is named bd5a. Don't know or care why, but I got overlays!

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
VASL Problem
Boards m and n: When selecting "PTO light jungle", the grain/kunai as well as the orchard/palm trees disappear

Last edited:

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Board 25 has a number of bugs.

1/ It cannot revert to ETO colors.

2/ It cannot be affected by Ground/Deep Snow.

3/ When converting to Broken Ground, some of the Crag hexes do not change (especially those on the hill).

Please help.

Thanks.

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Could we have normal sized VASL boards once again ?

A few years back, there were regular sized VASL boards. I find the current VASL boards so big, that when zooming out to visualize the map, the counters become tiny.

Considering that stacking isn't a major issue in VASL, it really doesn't make sense to have enormous VASL maps. I really like a number of the DASL scenarios, but I find that enormous maps are not an enjoyable playing environment. It was really good when we had the option of using normal sized maps, is there any chance of formatting them to the modern versions of VASL ?

Thanks.

John.