Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
When Cntl-RightClick, Can we NOT have the circle move the map around?
Maybe circle the unit for 2-3 sec? if THAT?
What if your opponent is clicking somewhere that is off of your viewing area?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Perhaps it would be more "friendly" if on the opponent's side a popup appeared that said something like, "your opponent has sent a viewport change", then allowed you choose whether to change or ignore. This could perhaps be configurable to "always change" or "always ignore". It also might be coded as always changing, but only after an on-screen warning about what was going to happen. If you do change the viewport at your opponent's behest, it would also be nice to have a button that allows you to restore your previous viewport.

JR

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Not an issue. This is the same concept as "center on opponents moves" just apply it to the THIS GUY keybind.
He simply says, "Hey this guy in G5, and you pretty much know which guy when playing the game...about where it is. Most VASL games are on 2 boards and most of the action can be seen. Not many players ZOOM in to the extent they cant see elsewhere."

Just as when you say "X5 fires 12 flat at Z9"
Pretty simple....
But when you are planning more moves and your board is bouncing like a damn seizure, it can get very sidetracked on what you were looking at.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not an issue. This is the same concept as "center on opponents moves" just apply it to the THIS GUY keybind.
He simply says, "Hey this guy in G5, and you pretty much know which guy when playing the game...about where it is. Most VASL games are on 2 boards and most of the action can be seen. Not many players ZOOM in to the extent they cant see elsewhere."

Just as when you say "X5 fires 12 flat at Z9"
Pretty simple....
But when you are planning more moves and your board is bouncing like a damn seizure, it can get very sidetracked on what you were looking at.
It has long been my issue. With some large CGs, the screen bounces around so much that I feel physically sick after 30 mins.

I find that if you have the VASL image zoom'd to a scale on your screen that there's no "extra space" around the sizes for the image to move with, it will stop moving. IE. If you have your VASL image at 500% on a 22" monitor, will be bouncing all !@#$ day long, but if you have your VASL image shrunk to a size where there's no "give" on the sides, the screen will stop bouncing.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
a slow flow would be cool...maybe coding intensive..but i'm a simple guy....active/inactive...that's already coded...copy paste..LOL

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The Concealment Loss/Gain Table built into VASL has an error. In the bottom row, right column, the table shows "I" for LOST in the box. The correct value is "L".

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When Cntl-RightClick, Can we NOT have the circle move the map around?
Maybe circle the unit for 2-3 sec? if THAT?
This is my number 1 (and almost only) gripe with vasl. Just like in FtF there are moments, just seconds, when your opponent is telling you something but you're concentrating on something, somewhere, else, again just seconds, before shifting attention back to your opponent. This Cntl-RightClick, red circle thing, while VERY useful, as currently configured interupts too abruptly AND shifts the map in annoying ways.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
This is my number 1 (and almost only) gripe with vasl. Just like in FtF there are moments, just seconds, when your opponent is telling you something but you're concentrating on something, somewhere, else, again just seconds, before shifting attention back to your opponent. This Cntl-RightClick, red circle thing, while VERY useful, as currently configured interupts too abruptly AND shifts the map in annoying ways.
Many players use it lazily.
Meaning they don't bother to say what hex and just "point" at it.
Most games aren't large enough to have to shift view..CG sure maybe, IDK.
But 2 board scenarios hardly ever.
Just create the toggle "Center On" feature.

That's the solution.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many players use it lazily.
Meaning they don't bother to say what hex and just "point" at it.
Most games aren't large enough to have to shift view..CG sure maybe, IDK.
But 2 board scenarios hardly ever.
Just create the toggle "Center On" feature.

That's the solution.
I did that, but it doesn't prevent the board shifting.

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would love to see a possibly of zooming in the contents in the QRDC tab.

I have problems reading the contents of this (see below) for example - especially the notes. And I do not always have the tables handy while playing on the road/commuter train/hotels/Vacations.

Furthermore I think another level of map zoom . should be added. Esp handy when doing close check of LOS string.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Furthermore I think another level of map zoom . should be added. Esp handy when doing close check of LOS string.
This is already possible. You can enter any scale you want:

In this case, I manually entered a 500% zoom. Perfect way for those close LOS Checks that you are thinking of.

von Marwitz

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This is already possible. You can enter any scale you want:

View attachment 10807

View attachment 10808

In this case, I manually entered a 500% zoom. Perfect way for those close LOS Checks that you are thinking of.

von Marwitz
Thanks, I knew that. I just wanted an extra zoom level by hitting the + magnifying glass once. That and the QRDC zoom.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Charts are not zoomable the way they are implemented in VASL currently. There is a way to implement them such that they are. I'll post into the GitHub to see if anyone wants to pick that up.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Charts are not zoomable the way they are implemented in VASL currently. There is a way to implement them such that they are. I'll post into the GitHub to see if anyone wants to pick that up.
Does Cntl-shift work?
Haven't tried that I've yet

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
After selecting a unit and pressed ctrl-I to get info the unit must be deselected and selected again to usie CTRL-I to remove the info shown in the first step. Can this be simplified so that Ctrl_I just toggles info on and off w/o selction process?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
After selecting a unit and pressed ctrl-I to get info the unit must be deselected and selected again to usie CTRL-I to remove the info shown in the first step. Can this be simplified so that Ctrl_I just toggles info on and off w/o selction process?
I am unable to reproduce. I drag two vehicles out onto a map. I select the first one I dragged out. I click ctrl-i, I get info; I click ctrl-i, info goes off. I can repeat this infinitely. I have made no new selections during this process. Using vasl 6.4.4 on vassal 3.2.17, linux debian testing, java 1.8.

JR

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I am unable to reproduce. I drag two vehicles out onto a map. I select the first one I dragged out. I click ctrl-i, I get info; I click ctrl-i, info goes off. I can repeat this infinitely. I have made no new selections during this process. Using vasl 6.4.4 on vassal 3.2.17, linux debian testing, java 1.8.

JR
VASL version 6.4.4
MacOS 10.14.6
Java 8 Update 181

Unit M4A3 American

Issue confirmed