VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can we have the same functionality of the RED CIRCLE highlight button as we do with "center on opponents moves"
Replays have a tendency to bounce back and forth wildly.
Adding that functionality, (you should be able to see the BIG Red circle on the map when it appears anyway) would be a QoL change. The centering can be redundant at times.
The red circle is David’s baby. I need to talk to him so I’ll bring this up.

Al

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just found an error:

Setting up 118 "Downsizing the Uprising". This uses half of four maps in roughly this pattern:
50 42
41 46

Because of the layout, 41 and 42 use different halves of the board....

I found that when I told VASL to crop board 41, board 42 would get cropped, and when I cropped board 42, board 41 would get cropped. So I was able to work around it, but....

(And yes, the boards are in the correct places, I've got a yellow 42 right where it should be.)

[ETA - this is 6.4.3]
Cropping is evil.

Okay I’m kidding...I’ll set it up and see what I get.

Already looking forward to the AAR Rindis. When I see one of those pop up, I grab a hot cub of tea, a homemade chocolate chip cookie, and enjoy the read.

Al

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Eh, I just like having pre-made scenario files on hand. Gets me eager to play.

Now, I do have a spare PBEM slot, so if you want to play it... okay. ;)

I do have a game of scenario 5 running, so you will get to read that down the road.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words. Always nice to get that kind of feedback.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I found that when I told VASL to crop board 41, board 42 would get cropped, and when I cropped board 42, board 41 would get cropped. So I was able to work around it, but...
Confirmed. I saw exactly the same behaviour. Boards 41 and 42 seem to have some sort of weird "link" where cropping one changes the other at the same time.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Confirmed. I saw exactly the same behaviour. Boards 41 and 42 seem to have some sort of weird "link" where cropping one changes the other at the same time.
I've seen the same problem here when attempting to upgrade ASL118. The same scenario w/ VASL 6.4.1.2 works fine.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And a couple DTO notes:

[nope; this part was fine]

I re-set things up, and discovered another problem: Overlay H2 (from the extension) changes color if it is put in one particular orientation. Namely, with the '2' to the upper left of the 1. In all other positions it looks like a regular hillock. But in that position, it turns kind of dull green.

And this time it *is* for a game, so it'd be nice to see that get fixed soon. :)

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
VASL British counter for the Challenger AFV lacks the 1 ROF, as updated in MMP errata webpage. Thanks for correcting.

p.H56 [British Vehicle Note 21] ((A30) Challenger): This vehicle has Fast Traverse (D1.31) and a 1 ROF, not the Slow Traverse (D1.32) and 0 ROF shown in the 1st Edition of West of Alamein.
[Applicable to WEST OF ALAMEIN] [Counters replaced in ARMIES OF OBLIVION]

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
VASL British counter for the Challenger AFV lacks the 1 ROF, as updated in MMP errata webpage. Thanks for correcting.

p.H56 [British Vehicle Note 21] ((A30) Challenger): This vehicle has Fast Traverse (D1.31) and a 1 ROF, not the Slow Traverse (D1.32) and 0 ROF shown in the 1st Edition of West of Alamein.
[Applicable to WEST OF ALAMEIN] [Counters replaced in ARMIES OF OBLIVION]
I’ll get it queued for correction. Thanks for the report.

Al

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And a couple DTO notes:

I re-set things up, and discovered another problem: Overlay H2 (from the extension) changes color if it is put in one particular orientation. Namely, with the '2' to the upper left of the 1. In all other positions it looks like a regular hillock. But in that position, it turns kind of dull green.

And this time it *is* for a game, so it'd be nice to see that get fixed soon. :)
Don’t think I acknowledged this. I should have time tomorrow to check it out.

Al

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LOS checker mistake: when flooded streams/rivers transform marsh to water obstacles, the transformed now-water-obstacles still hinder LOS. I don't think this is correct.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don’t think I acknowledged this. I should have time tomorrow to check it out.

Al
Well I got sidetracked by a BIG earthquake. Me and my family are all fine. No structural damage. Lot's of cleaning up to do however. Lot's of infrastructure damage around Anchorage. I'll let you google it if you're interested. No injuries or deaths that I am aware. Very fortunate and blessed.

Al

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Shifting from "v6.43 now available" thread:

May I ask for the ability to select/enter more values on the "0" strength factor DYO counters? Presently you can change the strengths and type-in class. Broken side morale, assault fire, smoke exponent, spray fire and underlined morale are NA. Some of these are already available like the Assault Fire setting for SS squads from 1944 onwards. Fantastic if we can get the full palette.​
Cheers!​
- G​

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shifting from "v6.43 now available" thread:

May I ask for the ability to select/enter more values on the "0" strength factor DYO counters? Presently you can change the strengths and type-in class. Broken side morale, assault fire, smoke exponent, spray fire and underlined morale are NA. Some of these are already available like the Assault Fire setting for SS squads from 1944 onwards. Fantastic if we can get the full palette.​
Cheers!​
- G​
Yes you may...work order has been submitted.

Al

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And a couple DTO notes:

Rindis, I can't recreate this issue. Which version of the extension are you using?

1543962095501.png

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Setting up J178 "Old Friends"

VASL 6.4.3 / VASSAL 3.2.17 / VASLOverlays_v102

bd10 v6.0, bd 59 v6.2

As can be seen in the attachment, the overlays (X19 and O1) are not sitting correctly on bd10. Why would this be the case?

View attachment 6098

I tried adding the overlays the old way and it didn't make any difference.
While we're talking overlays I thought I'd give this a bump ....

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rindis, I can't recreate this issue. Which version of the extension are you using?

View attachment 6333
I'm using v1.02 of the overlay extension... and that, right there, IS the problem. Here's that same overlay, presented with the same overlay in a different orientation, and also next to H3:

Hillocks.jpg
That one orientation turns greenish, instead of the brown of a hillock.