VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Any chance to get an update on board 36 to make it conform to the specifications of scenario OB 2 Point 247. That is to get rid of all hills except Hill 502 and to make the woods on that hill to become brush?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any chance to get an update on board 36 to make it conform to the specifications of scenario OB 2 Point 247. That is to get rid of all hills except Hill 502 and to make the woods on that hill to become brush?
PM sent

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Bumpity-bump

I did some testing and found that of all the current official DASL boards (I didn't check any unofficial ones) that feature grain hexes, only board e will do the plowed fields transform.

Setting up D20 "Smoke the Kents!" ... the scenario uses 4 boards (d, e, g, h) ... and of those 4 only board e successfully transformed grain into plowed fields.

- Using board(s): g(v6.1) d(v6.2) e(v6.2) h(v6.2)

Am I missing something? There's no grain in the in-play section of board d, but the grain on boards g and h are quite distinctly still grain.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Been finding more issues with 6.5.0 and Mac 10.15.

Besides the LOS tool not working, when you try to double click to expand a stack you generally have to double click three-four times to expand the stack.

Due to both these annoying features I have been just playing VASL on Windows’s 10 where both of theses features work perfectly.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Good if maps can be made smaller so they don't bounce around on the screen when opponents move (nothing to do with centering in General Preference)
You can set the Zoom of the Map to any scale you want.

This function is helpful as well if you want to check a very close LOS. Put the Zoom to 500% and you'll see...

von Marwitz

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
So using the up/down arrow key as I populated my local map directory I get the following errors, but note that no board's with these names are in my local board directory.

Is there a way to flush the menu cache or get rid of the error box that pops up for these maps that don't exist online and are not in my local directory?

- Board 77 is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed
- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board 77

- Board AK is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed
- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board AK

- Board AT is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed
- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board AT

- Board BF is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed
- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board BF

- Board Brecour is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed
- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board Brecour

- Board CR is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed
- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board CR

- Board MC is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed

- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board MC
- Board MC is missing. Downloading...

- Board Pe is missing. Downloading...
- Board download failed
- Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board Pe

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Why is there a tab labeled "Vehicle TK Tables" in the VASL version of the QRDC? There is no such thing in ASL, as far as I know. There are numerous TK tables that give the TK numbers for ORDNANCE. In my opinion, that tab should be labled either "TK Tables" or "Ordnance TK Tables".

What say you?

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While looking at the Perry Sez subforum, I noted that the one official errata for the RB map (in RO) is that U17 should have a Manhole symbol. Version 3 of the VASL map does not have one. Maybe HASL boards are a special problem but as I did not see that mentioned in this subforum, I do so now.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While looking at the Perry Sez subforum, I noted that the one official errata for the RB map (in RO) is that U17 should have a Manhole symbol. Version 3 of the VASL map does not have one. Maybe HASL boards are a special problem but as I did not see that mentioned in this subforum, I do so now.
I thought I’d fixed that. I’ll check into it. Thanks. This is the kick in the butt I need to get LOS working for the Red Factories maps.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Found a LOS issue for v6.5:

Board 24 firing from Ground level (P9) to Level 1 of a Building which has its Ground Level in a Depression (i.e. at Level -1), here S5. In such cases, the LOS tool seems to be confused when displaying the Level of the target Location.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This isn't on the Official MMP support site: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/ASLOfficialErrata/tabid/107/Default.aspx#Maps which is my resource for official errata. There's been much debate on this forum whether a Perry Sez is official or not. Can you link to his post? Is there another errata site that's considered official by MMP?

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This isn't on the Official MMP support site: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/ASLOfficialErrata/tabid/107/Default.aspx#Maps which is my resource for official errata. There's been much debate on this forum whether a Perry Sez is official or not. Can you link to his post? Is there another errata site that's considered official by MMP?
Here is the thread on Gamesquad (Perry himself) which includes a link to the MMP site:

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/rb-map-errata.152686/

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
MMP stated long, long ago that there were two sources of official errata: the ASL Journal and their website. I believe the printed sources have been extended to include other periodicals or indeed other printed products (such as modules or scenario packs) -- anything produced by MMP, basically.

These days, in the absence of regular releases of the Journal and a long-term habit of grossly neglecting the "official errata" section of their website, they instead publish product-specific errata on the website in the actual product page, e.g., if you want errata for Red Factories then you need to check this page: Red Factories product description. It's a bit haphazard but they have so far at least been relatively timely in posting these updates. The main drawback is that if you don't know to go looking for it, you won't find it; they sometimes post a message saying that there's new errata for a particular product, but not always. And of course not everyone will even see those posts.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These days, in the absence of regular releases of the Journal and a long-term habit of grossly neglecting the "official errata" section of their website, they instead publish product-specific errata on the website in the actual product page, e.g., if you want errata for Red Factories then you need to check this page: Red Factories product description. It's a bit haphazard but they have so far at least been relatively timely in posting these updates. The main drawback is that if you don't know to go looking for it, you won't find it . . ..
That would be me! Thx for the heads up.

Shouldn't have been surprised, however. More than three years ago I pointed out, diplomatically I thought, that the RB replacement pages from AP4 (concerning walls, etc.) were not in fact available on their site despite what the site said. A year and half later, they appeared.

Not complaining, just observing. Small business has to stay focused on growth at all times.

Now, to find what other products I have that were erratized when I wasn't looking.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Extremely low priority quibble: I set up G7: Slow and Steady.

The scenario has a road despite being PTO. There is a Special Overlay for board 37 to facilitate this, but it doesn't entirely work: it prevents the road from being turned into a path, but also removes the road entirely at the same time. There is not a Special Overlay for board 36, which also has the same situation.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Every so often when I have time, I review this thread to see if I can get a fix to some of these requests knocked out. This morning is one of those times.