VASL map issue?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So, I just tried to fire up VASL. it has been a week or two, but the only change I made was including the LFT14 Extension, and everything was working well before that.

- Trying to start a new scenario off-line, when I go to select maps, I get no map images in the selection window.

- Restart VASL, new scenario off-line, I can get one map image (Bd2) but when I try to select other maps bd2 is the only image that ever appears.

-Restart VASL again, new scenario off-line, I again get no image for first board, "Add Row", I do get an image, Add another row, no image and the one image in the 2nd row will not change.

I assume this is something screwed up with the automatic map update function? Any way I can turn that off? I do not always have Internet access here in the Empty Quarter and I require the option to forego automatic map update.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Happening on earlier versions of VASL before the new board update feature.

Not sure what it is, but will need to revisit when I get back.

Any ideas are appreciated.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I agree that the new board update feature is unlikely to be the cause of this problem. However, FYI, if you start a new game without an internet connection (meaning that your entire computer is not connected to the internet not just that you are not using the VASL online functionality), the new game function will show and load all of the bds on your local drive.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You may want to look at your error log. Clearing it (deleting the file before you start vasl) may make it easier to isolate your problem. I just loaded the lft extension, and it produces no ill effect on my machine (vassal 3.2.17, vasl 6.4.3).

JR

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
You may want to look at your error log. Clearing it (deleting the file before you start vasl) may make it easier to isolate your problem. I just loaded the lft extension, and it produces no ill effect on my machine (vassal 3.2.17, vasl 6.4.3).

JR
Not sure there is an error log? Just a blank map selection image with no error generated.