Vasl map and extension for CH Omaha East and West available

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ray Tapio has given permission for the Vasl maps and extension for CH Omaha East and West to be made available.

A zip file can be downloaded from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk

Once downloaded just unzip, place the bd files in your boards folder, and the mdx file in your extensions folder.

When loading the maps in Vasl load the CHOWEdge map first then add a column and load the CHOW map. Next add a row and load the CHOEEdge map followed by the CHOE map. This makes one massive map.

The CHOmaha.mdx is an extension that is basically a reproduction of the FWAO extension made by Jeffrey Malter in 2010, but with a few extra counters added, so if you have the FWAO extension replace it with the CHOmaha extension.

Thanks to Rob Macginley for assistance in scanning and reviewing and obviously to Jeffery Malter (aka Counterman CX) for his work on the extension.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hey bud.

A massive thank you for all your work on these and other CH maps.

As someone who had been out of ASL for a long time, every time I look for a CH map, invariably you have done it.

It makes playing possible. Particularly for the larger and more esoteric maps.

Thanks again and If you're ever in NW France let me know,

B e n

jimbosul3

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I very much appreciate what you do - without your VASL mapping I would not have purchased any of these last years of CH products. I live in a rural area and only have limited FTF opportunities - use VASL almost for all playing.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Seconded on the CH maps for VASL work you do!

I have some PDF's of the winter and desert Geo boards not sure what you need to make em, I also have scans of some overlays or other maps, but not sure what is needed, or if you already have them.

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Seconded on the CH maps for VASL work you do!

I have some PDF's of the winter and desert Geo boards not sure what you need to make em, I also have scans of some overlays or other maps, but not sure what is needed, or if you already have them.
Thanks. At the moment I am trying to liaise with Ray Tapio to try and work with original map files, but if I get stuck for material I will give you a shout.