VASL LOS Tool

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You might also try closing down VASSAL/VASL, starting it up again and then trying the first approach again. It may not be resetting itself on your system the way it is on mine for some reason.

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
OK solved it, it's the Board 23 special overlay that is mucking it up

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Not so good news really, I have to put that overlay on for the scenario so the LOS tool ain't going to work

Last edited:

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
But at least we know why (LOL). Sorry, but the los tool does not work with Board Specific Overlays (BSO) such as those for bd23. I tried to program a fix for this last year and for various reasons (including my lack of skill), it did not work. I don't see this as being addressed anytime soon.

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
@DougRim just a follow on question, is there any way to have the LOS tool account for the elevation in the source and target hex being different to the base level ? i.e. can you trace line of sight from LVL2 of a building to Level 1 of another building ?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sure. You use the
@DougRim just a follow on question, is there any way to have the LOS tool account for the elevation in the source and target hex being different to the base level ? i.e. can you trace line of sight from LVL2 of a building to Level 1 of another building ?
Sure is. You use the up and down arrow keys (unless you are using a Mac) to change the level of a target hex and Ctrl-Up Arrow, Ctrl-down arrow to do the same for the firing hex. If you have a mac there is a key combo that works but I forget what you have to do). See Help - LOS Check for more info,