VASL Live Night Mini Tourney Scenario Selection?

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
All

I am looking to run a live VASL night Mini (8 players) over a weekend in February.

Based on Size, Balance and Minimum number of ROAR playing the below are short listed.

Does anyone have thoughts to whittle this list down further (Or add to it)

NightMini.PNG

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi Aaron,

OA-23 "A Midnight Clear" is a small night scenario that is quite good. There is no defender, both sides get cloaking, and the Pine Woods mitigates the MF costs a little, once cloaking is lost. It's playing 6-9 (American) on ROAR right now.

John.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Aaron,

OA-23 "A Midnight Clear" is a small night scenario that is quite good. There is no defender, both sides get cloaking, and the Pine Woods mitigates the MF costs a little, once cloaking is lost. It's playing 6-9 (American) on ROAR right now.

John.
Excellent choice! It has an added interest in that both sides are essentially attacking as each side attempts to exit more EVP from a board edge perpendicular to the other. The interplay is a great feature of the scenario where each side has to attack/maneuver yet defend against possible incursions of the other player. In one playing I lost the scenario by a single EVP by straying 180 degrees in the opposite direction to exit the board; it was a blast!

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Excellent choice! It has an added interest in that both sides are essentially attacking as each side attempts to exit more EVP from a board edge perpendicular to the other. The interplay is a great feature of the scenario where each side has to attack/maneuver yet defend against possible incursions of the other player. In one playing I lost the scenario by a single EVP by straying 180 degrees in the opposite direction to exit the board; it was a blast!
It didn't quite make my 20 plays in ROAR criterion, but a few strong recommendations make up for that.