VASL "INFO" not always displaying "Scenario Information" "Notes"

ireland94

Starter Kit Teacher/Mento
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have noticed that the "Notes" section of the "Scenario Information" window does not display the information if you load the game from with an online session. The "Notes" text appears if you start VASL then view the same game offline. "Notes" is the public portion of the "Scenario Information". I also noticed using online operations that if I add text or modify text of the "Notes" portion of the "Scenario Information" window then "Save" the window then "save" the game, the information is not there when I reload. However, if I do the operations offline, all is fine.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

VASL: Version 5.8.1
VASSAL: Version 3.1.14
OS: Windows XP Pro 62 Service Pack 2 (no SP 3 for 64 bit version)

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I find that the search facility a GameSquad is nearly useless for finding prior threads.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The only problem I've ever encountered with the Notes window is that, sometimes, it deletes info that has been recorded there. I don't know why, and I can't reproduce it "on spec", but it's happened a few times.

It also has an annoying habit of defaulting to lots and lots and lots of blank space, and then scrolling to the end of all that blank space, so to actually read anything you have to keep scrolling back up to the top.

Other than that it works fine. Never noticed any other issues whether online or not. Using VASL 5.9.2, VASSAL 3.1.15 (but I don't remember having problems on earlier versions either).