VASL games in Australian times

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi, I'm looking to learn how to use VASL at a higher level with the Starter Kit scenarios. I have got VASL set up reasonably well for live use and had a bit of a rule refresher watching videos after a twenty year hiatus of ASL. I'm still working on week days but I have free time in the evenings and weekends so I'm fairly flexible with playing times relative to Australian time zones. Once I'm up to speed play the SK scenarios and using VASL in real time, and no telling how long that will take, I would like to get back to the full rule set.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, I'm looking to learn how to use VASL at a higher level with the Starter Kit scenarios. I have got VASL set up reasonably well for live use and had a bit of a rule refresher watching videos after a twenty year hiatus of ASL. I'm still working on week days but I have free time in the evenings and weekends so I'm fairly flexible with playing times relative to Australian time zones. Once I'm up to speed play the SK scenarios and using VASL in real time, and no telling how long that will take, I would like to get back to the full rule set.
BTW, welcome back to the fold!

yzerdunn

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llAustralia
Hi John.

Have you found an opponent yet? I'm in Sydney so for half the year we have the same time zone. I'm available pretty much every night except Sundays and I have a regular game every 2nd Tuesday. I grew up with Classic Squad Leader in the 80's before taking 30 years off! I started with Starter Kits in August last year and then moved to full ASL in September. Play pretty regularly now online and face to face. I bought start kit 3 after moving up so have never played it. Happy to give it a shot if you like

I also started a fakebook page for East Coast people you could join. Australian Eastern States ASL | Facebook . I've seen comments on there from Peter Jeffrey in Brisbane who says there are a dozen players up there

Peter

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks for the info. I did get a message from Peter and the local contact details. I will contact you on your Facebook page.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'm moving up to playing full ASL rules scenarios now. It's a bit of a jolt to the system but I'm making progress so I'm looking for weekend or evening live VASL games. Midday week-ends could match up with evenings in Pacific USA too.

yzerdunn

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llAustralia
I'm moving up to playing full ASL rules scenarios now. It's a bit of a jolt to the system but I'm making progress so I'm looking for weekend or evening live VASL games. Midday week-ends could match up with evenings in Pacific USA too.
Email me at yzerdunn19@outlok.com. I have a regular game on Wednesdays but am free pretty much every other evening

maullin

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llAustralia
Are you still looking for opponents as I am getting back into SK at the moment. I am in Canberra and can play live most evenings in our timezone. Prefer infantry to get my feet wet.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Are you still looking for opponents as I am getting back into SK at the moment. I am in Canberra and can play live most evenings in our timezone. Prefer infantry to get my feet wet.
Sure, I can do that. PM sent.