Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I will be soon traveling on a trans-pacific cruise that will have many sea days. My darling wife is allowing me to arrange a VASL session during one of those days. The cruise starts in Vancouver and ends in Japan, so the cruise starts in the Pacific Daylight time zone.

Things would be simplest, I believe, if an interested party is a west coast resident, but I am open to anyone who is flexible about when they play. I will plan for a four hour session, with the possibility of a short second session if necessary to finish.

The difficult bit in doing this, however, is that cruise ships don't allow video streaming software like skype. I do not know if they allow audio streaming, so there is a possibility that we would be doing this session old school, typing rather than talking to each other.

Possible days are:

Monday Sep 11
Tuesday Sep 12
Wednesday Sep 13
Thursday Sep 14
Saturday Sep 16
Sunday Sep 17
Monday Sep 18

Please start a conversation with me on GameSquad if this idea interests you.

Last edited:

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I live in Canberra Australia UTC +10 hours. Will you be playing days or nights?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Thank you for replying. I have something set up. I apologize for not updating this thread.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
If it was a normal cruise, I could not, but this is a crossing of the Pacific Ocean with very few port stops.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
More than one cruise line does it, but usually only once or twice per year when moving ships from one area to another. I am traveling on Celebrity Cruise lines for this cruise.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The experience went better than expected. The cruise ship internet service allowed Skype. I played from the middle of the Pacific Ocean and Magnus Rimvall played from Sweden. There was a minor lag issue, but liveable.