VASL freezing during PBEM playback and LOS check

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This seems to be an infrequent bug on PBEM playbacks with one particular opponent. VASL locks up totally requiring a hard stop of Java to get it to close. Only happens on LOS checks and only occasionally. I have the log and it seems to freeze up for my opponent as well when he plays it back.

Has anyone else experienced this?

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This seems to be an infrequent bug on PBEM playbacks with one particular opponent. VASL locks up totally requiring a hard stop of Java to get it to close. Only happens on LOS checks and only occasionally. I have the log and it seems to freeze up for my opponent as well when he plays it back.

I have, generally for me, all is required is to wait for the program to unfreeze.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Yes I have.

Twice and both times with the same opponent .. and it didn't unfreeze itself.

JAGgamer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've had same issue twice. On both occasions my opponent was making LOS check. My screen locked. I had to reboot VASL to get back to playimg. This happenend once w/ 6.4.2 version and once w/ 6.4.3 version.

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are both players using the latest version of VASL? There was a bug in the initial release of 6.4 that was fixed. But both players need to upgrade.

JAGgamer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are both players using the latest version of VASL? There was a bug in the initial release of 6.4 that was fixed. But both players need to upgrade.
For me: The first time it happened we were both using 6.4.2. The second time, I was on 6.4.3 and opponent was on 6.4.2.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
We did have this problem in our game both of us on 6.4.3 it unfroze for me, but not my opponent, so it is a bit of a nuisance....

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug, you ever thought of running for class president?