VASL Files needed

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have downloaded the newest version of VASL 6.4.2. I have the following still on my computer:
6.4.0 (this is the version that I use almost exclusively)
I had read somewhere that to correctly play DTO you had to keep 5.9.3. Is this a fact or can you play desert (w/ overlays) with the newer VASL releases?

Which version of VASSAL will run all of these?

Thanks for your help.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have downloaded the newest version of VASL 6.4.2. I have the following still on my computer:
I had read somewhere that to correctly play DTO you had to keep 5.9.3. Is this a fact or can you play desert (w/ overlays) with the newer VASL releases?

Thanks for your help.

None.

You will need VASSAL v3.2.8 for VASL versions 6.x and prior, IIRC. VASSAL v3.2.14 is the minimum requirement for later VASL versions.

von Marwitz

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thanks for your help.
the major issue with DTO in the newer VASL releases is the double fade- HIP that causes anything HIPped on the darker new VASL DTO boards to completely disappear.

Get in touch with Carl N here on GS - his running of the DTO league, they have a slew of workaround fixes for any DTO related VASL issues already categorized on that thread. Worth your time.

KRL, Jon H

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the major issue with DTO in the newer VASL releases is the double fade- HIP that causes anything HIPped on the darker new VASL DTO boards to completely disappear.

Get in touch with Carl N here on GS - his running of the DTO league, they have a slew of workaround fixes for any DTO related VASL issues already categorized on that thread. Worth your time.

KRL, Jon H
Thank you both for your responses.