VASL Desert League Year Two 2015-2016 16 players wanted Inquire within

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ted and I finished this tonight. Despite some clever flanking maneuvers by Ted I killed just too many of his Italian Tanks. By turn 5 with the arrival of my second wave of Matildas I outnumbered him so he conceded.
Noted and saved. thanks guys.

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow's Commonwealth troops got their arse kicked by Randy Rossi's Italians in A39 Showdown at Tug Argan Pass.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow's Commonwealth troops got their arse kicked by Randy Rossi's Italians in A39 Showdown at Tug Argan Pass.
Thanks for the report guys. Logged on both the ROAR record and the league.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have not heard from my opponent as of this time, have emailed him but no response. Why do people join these leagues yet don't have time to play, or can only play for a very very short amount of time each week if that? I mean, at least set aside a couple of hours because it seriously sucks to have to go back to a scenario once a week with only getting a half turn done each time.

Scott

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have not heard from my opponent as of this time, have emailed him but no response. Why do people join these leagues yet don't have time to play, or can only play for a very very short amount of time each week if that? I mean, at least set aside a couple of hours because it seriously sucks to have to go back to a scenario once a week with only getting a half turn done each time.

Scott
Scott, you have a complaint, talk to me privately about it. That's how it is handled.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carl, I know that the Desert League is mostly complete. But if you have an odd number or a drop out, I would be interested in being "pinch hitter" to fill in any open slots.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Final Round info below gentlemen. An email will follow. Augie, thanks for the offer, but as you can see below, we had an even number for the last round. Somewhere around mid-December or so, I should start recruiting again. I will do so on FB and here. Thanks for the interest sir.

Round Four

3-0

John Knowles vs Jim Bishop

2-1

Ken Dunn vs Randy Rossi

Kevin Kileen vs Randy Strader

1-2

Will Willow vs Dan Dolan

Scott Holst vs James Rimmer

Jeff Wasserman vs Carl Nogueira

0-3

Chris Hofland vs Ted Wilcox

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi Carl,

Jim Bishop and I have arranged to play ASL-081 "Fratricidal Fighting", which uses Broken Terrain rules (F13.1). VASL is such an excellent medium for playing a scenario such as this !!!!

I have the Free French British, whilst Jim has the Vichy French. Still ironing out a time at which to begin.....

John.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Carl,

Jim Bishop and I have arranged to play ASL-081 "Fratricidal Fighting", which uses Broken Terrain rules (F13.1). VASL is such an excellent medium for playing a scenario such as this !!!!

I have the Free French British, whilst Jim has the Vichy French. Still ironing out a time at which to begin.....

John.
Agreed on the broken terrain. The VASL transformations make the broken terrain so much easier to understand.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Carl,

John.
Thanks John, so noted in the archives. Enjoy the scenario, we featured it as a scenario at the Nor'eeaster last year. Yes, having played Crisis At Kasserine a couple of years back on VASL, the terrain modifications take an arduous task and make it easy.

jeffwinto

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Carl,

Sorry but I will need to withdraw from our game. Life has intruded on my ASL life.

Jeff

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That will happen Jeff. I hope the coming new year finds you well.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carl, I know that the Desert League is mostly complete. But if you have an odd number or a drop out, I would be interested in being "pinch hitter" to fill in any open slots.
Mike, sorry I missed this earlier. We are indeed good. Some time around early January I should be slotting the leagues again.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good luck with that. Santa miles often vary :).

FanaticTW

World Famous in Maine
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ted Wilcox and Chris Hofland fought a Nail biter in The Battle For St. Cloud SP143. Chris's Americans were victorious!

Great Game! Thanks Chris!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Knowles and Jim Bishop's game had to be called, unfortunately as Jim had real world time pressures and had to forfeit. John Knowles is our winner in the league. Let's give him a nice round of cyber applause. Jim will be our second place finisher. John, and Jim, IM off line when you get the chance and I will get your delivery addresses for your prizes. John, in addition to a pair of Dust Devil Dice from Battle School, you will be getting a prize from LFT. Jim, you will also be getting something from LFT. Please Im or email when you can.

Again, congratulations.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ted Wilcox and Chris Hofland fought a Nail biter in The Battle For St. Cloud SP143. Chris's Americans were victorious!

Great Game! Thanks Chris!
Ted, thanks for your report. That has been recorded on ROAR and in the League.