VASL Desert League 2017-2018 In Progress

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
With Mike Sprauge we picked J47 "They're Here! Reverse!" giving the Italians the balance. We then diced for sides and I will take the attacking horde of Italian armor.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi Carl,

Nate Staph and I have agreed to play ASL-037 "Khamsin".

Nate will play the attacking Germans, whilst I will play the defending British.

John.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Richard and I will play A119 "Showdown in Syria". Doesn't seem too 'dusty', but it was in the bin of suggestions.

Richard has the Indians (British) and I will have the French (Vichy).

w

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Nate and I got started with ASL-037 "Khamsin" today.

2.5 turns done. The 2-PDR cooked a PzIIF, and the Marder ran out of ammo on its 3rd shot....

ASL-037-Brit-03-RPh-jpeg.jpg

John.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
More play in ASL-037 "Khamsin" last evening.

Despite enjoying a better position and the first shots, both Grants are brewed with neither ever achieving a hit. The only gun that did hit was a 2 PDR vs a halftrack, but botched the easy TK DR. Both Crusaders then malf their MAs (no int fire shots, just bad rolls); its hard to compete when you get luck like that. However, some late success sees the German 9-2 perish in CC, along with 2 more light AFVs, and in the RPh, I repair 1 gun. A bit of hope......

John.

ASL-037-Brit-04-PFPh-jpeg.jpg

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have got to try Desert.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen's Americans defeated David Yllanes Italian/German force at Tactiques 71, Terminus Sened. Apparently with the aid of a recon by fire MA round "finding" a HIP 88 and blowing it up!!! Gotta love this game.........when it happens to someone else. :)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim Fardette's Italians held on for a hard fought win, rolling low on the critical turn 7 move to stop Randy Rossi's New Zealanders in The Taking of Takrouna. Thanks to Randy for a fun game and playing this oldie. And thanks to Carl for running this tourney, I look forward to the next one. Sign me up! View attachment 4691View attachment 4691View attachment 4691
Thanks for the 411 Jim. Reported on the league record and in ROAR.

Nate Stapf

Reaction score
Hello all,
John and I finished our game of Khamsin. I came out on top as the Germans. After John lost his Grants with nothing to show for it, it became very difficult to stop the germans. Thanks for a fun game John and maybe see you again in a future match.
Nate

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hello all,
John and I finished our game of Khamsin. I came out on top as the Germans. After John lost his Grants with nothing to show for it, it became very difficult to stop the germans. Thanks for a fun game John and maybe see you again in a future match.
Nate
ASL-037-Brit-07-RPh-gif.gif

Thanks Nate. It was fun to give this one a whirl again after 20+ years ,even if I did spend most of the game swimming against the tide. There's always next year....

Congrats.

John.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 4849

Thanks Nate. It was fun to give this one a whirl again after 20+ years ,even if I did spend most of the game swimming against the tide. There's always next year....

Congrats.

John.
Thanks for the report guys. Congratulations to Nate for the win in the League and to John for finishing second. I am in touch with Red Headed T-shirts to get your prizes out to you. If you could both please PM me separately on the site with your mailing details, that would be great. Thanks to all who participated.