VASL Desert League 2017-2018 In Progress

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Jim Fardette's Russians outlasted Richard Dagnell's Italians in Savoia!. As usual for this scenario, over 80% of each sides' OOB were dead or broken by the end of the first turn. The Italian reinforcements were harassed by accurate long range MG fire to bring the festivities to an early end... This scenario is so much fun, and while it stretches the desert concept, I recommend anyone who hasn't played it to crack open a beer and play something different.

yes really fun scenario and I had a great opponent to play with

lots of fun!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim Fardette's Russians outlasted Richard Dagnell's Italians in Savoia!. As usual for this scenario, over 80% of each sides' OOB were dead or broken by the end of the first turn. The Italian reinforcements were harassed by accurate long range MG fire to bring the festivities to an early end... This scenario is so much fun, and while it stretches the desert concept, I recommend anyone who hasn't played it to crack open a beer and play something different.
Thanks guys.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, please see the pairing for Round Three of the Desert League below. It is a four month round, due to the Holidays.

Rounds Three Matchups

11/1 through 2/28 (Extra month for the Holidays)

2-0 Bracket

John Knowles vs David Yllanes

Nate Stapf vs Randy Rossi

1-1 Bracket

Paul Schaffer vs Kevin Killeen

Will Willow vs Mike Sprauge

Pablo Silva vs James Taylor

Jim Fradette vs Will Fleming

0-2 Bracket

John Bock vs Richard Dagnell

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
David and I have agreed to play ASL-037 "Khamsin". In a dice-for-sides (lowest DR attacks), I got the attacking Germans, and David got the defending British.

John.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
David and I have agreed to play ASL-037 "Khamsin". In a dice-for-sides (lowest DR attacks), I got the attacking Germans, and David got the defending British.

John.
Thanks John,
So noted.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Fleming and I are also playing Khamsin, and are a couple of turns into it. Despite not a lot of action early as the Germans work their way into attack position, two snakeyes have already had a major impact. The first changed the wind around, the Germans now have it at their backs. The other generated a sniper which took out the 9-2 infantry leader. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Fleming and I are also playing Khamsin, and are a couple of turns into it. Despite not a lot of action early as the Germans work their way into attack position, two snakeyes have already had a major impact. The first changed the wind around, the Germans now have it at their backs. The other generated a sniper which took out the 9-2 infantry leader. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Who has which side please?

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Khamsin in round 1. Found it to be a great scenario.

Nate Stapf

Reaction score
Just finished Castles on the Horizon with Randy. With the help of some pretty amazing dice my Brits defeated Randy's Germans.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just finished Castles on the Horizon with Randy. With the help of some pretty amazing dice my Brits defeated Randy's Germans.
Thanks Nate. Do you already have this in ROAR? If not, i can add it there too.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Fleming and Jim Fardette completed Khamsin, with Jim's Brits recovering on the final turn to steal a hill; Will's Prep Fire was not enough to kill the last Grant, with several shots bouncing off. At that point, Will decided to show mercy to his poor landsers and forego the final charge, bringing the festivities to a close. Fun game, but counting all that dust got old after a while, I pretty much gave up on any shot over 6 hexes. Will is a great opponent and I wish him the best in his next round.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Fleming and Jim Fardette completed Khamsin, with Jim's Brits recovering on the final turn to steal a hill; Will's Prep Fire was not enough to kill the last Grant, with several shots bouncing off. At that point, Will decided to show mercy to his poor landsers and forego the final charge, bringing the festivities to a close. Fun game, but counting all that dust got old after a while, I pretty much gave up on any shot over 6 hexes. Will is a great opponent and I wish him the best in his next round.
Result added. Still looking for results from John Knowles/Dave Yllanes and John Bock/Richard Dagnell. If you have sent said results and I missed it, my apologies, please do repost here.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok John, since we have to move things along, I will be contacting the both of you via email. Thanks for the update, please stay tuned.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, things are sorted out for the final round. Your matches are below. An email will accompany this. This round will conclude on 5/31/18

Round 4
Championship Match 3-0
Nate Stapf vs John Knowles
2-1
David Yllanes vs Kevin Killeen
Mike Sprauge vs Pablo Silva
Jim Fradette vs Randy Rossi

Sub .500 group
Will Fleming vs Richard Dagnell
James Taylor vs Carl Nogueira (Fill In)
Paul Schaffer vs John Bock